Remove cheaters in Wins Leaderboard

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Re: Remove cheaters in Wins Leaderboard

Postby Norman Bates » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:15 am

puma wrote:"Simply mentioned your name because it looks suspicious", my dear fellow, that is exactlly the same attitude that got thousands of "witches" burned some centuries ago. If you have some acusation to make, do it like a man, with data to back up your claim on the table; otherwise it just looks like an envious tantrum, or worse, a rationalizing "he does better than me, therefore he must be cheating".

It's not that your doing better then him, it's that a crazy win rate like yours is bound to have suspicion arise. There are only a few people with records like yours, and considering how hard it is to get a good win rate you can't help but feel suspicous.
Norman Bates

Postby Ratburntro44 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:50 pm

puma wrote:"Simply mentioned your name because it looks suspicious", my dear fellow, that is exactlly the same attitude that got thousands of "witches" burned some centuries ago. If you have some acusation to make, do it like a man, with data to back up your claim on the table; otherwise it just looks like an envious tantrum, or worse, a rationalizing "he does better than me, therefore he must be cheating".

About my sense of humour I must ad that I will joke with whatever I wish, whenever I wish, and in the terms that I wish. I joke about blacks with my black friends, about fags with my gay friends, and my father died of Alzheimer disease, and still I joke about it, because, my dear antagonist, life is too serious to take it seriouslly.

My whole point is that I WASN'T making an accusation. I was stating a possibility. An envious tantrum? I wasn't raging about how he has a better record than me so he must be a cheater and he has to be banned. I was pointing out that it looked suspicious, and if you deny that your win record looks suspicious, you are simply being completely unreasonable. I honestly don't care in the slightest about my win rate, practically all I do is just kill myself for no reason because it's fun. I'm not saying I would win if I didn't, but I do kill myself for fun in this game.

And just because YOU do something doesn't mean everyone considers it okay. I have nothing against you, but nothing makes me more angry than when I am falsely accused of falsely accusing someone. Unfortunately, that happens a lot.
Ratburntro44

Postby Chess435 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:54 pm

By the way, Puma, I'd like to welcome you to the forums. A pity things started on such a bad note. :(
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
Chess435

Postby puma » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks Chess for the wellcome; sorry if I sounded a bit grumpy, but I have had to suffer way too often the activities of cheaters, and after spending countless hours hunting them down and exposing them in other games, I got a bit overheated being suspected as one myself.

Going back to the point of this topic, I think Techgump´s idea of a database would serve well it´s pourpose, as long as it is not used as an automatic prove to ban suspected cheaters. It could be used as Tech points out to identify "statistical improbabilities" behind which we might find a cheater lurking or not. In any case, the cases would have to be evaluated individually in my opinion, since there will be situations that might fit the statistical profile and still be lawfull behaviour. As an example I lost a game just yesterday to a honest player with good playing tactics, who had somehow found impossible to beat me. I would say it took him 20 or 30 battles over the last two weeks to achieve his goal. Why so long? Who knows, maybe psicological pressure, or just my gameplay style happended to be the right antidote to his. One way or another, those combats would have triggered the red alarm on the database to be, and still would have been normal.

Another tipical case, is the one of the old adversaries who have been so many times at each others necks, that have learned to maintain a safe distance from each other while dealing with other less skilled players; such behaviour might be born out of mutual respect or self preservation, but it will most likelly lead to both players being the last ones standing on most games, without meaning they have a pregame agreement, and again it will trigger false alarms.

My point is that I believe the "anti-cheating database" could be an efective tool to discriminate among the massive amount of daily games, the handfull that could conceive wrongfull gameplay, but that a ban should only came after individual consideration, and after listening what the affected players have to say on their behalf.
puma

Postby Lopdo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:21 pm

don't worry, I am pretty slow with ban hammer. I need to be 100% sure that guy is cheater or offender to ban him
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Ratburntro44 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:24 pm

No, offense, but you pretty much described what Lopdo already does, just with a database added in.
Ratburntro44

Postby Lopdo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:56 pm

ok, I banned few obvious cheaters, leaderboards should be clear
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby techgump » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:35 pm

right on :) Txs.
techgump

Location: 3rd planet from a G2V star within the inner rim of the Milky Way galaxy's Orion Arm's Gould Belt

Postby techgump » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:50 am

Haha, today I was accused of cheating using another account. ME!, the campaigner against multi-logging. General Rastaman firmly believes I am also "Repented".
techgump

Location: 3rd planet from a G2V star within the inner rim of the Milky Way galaxy's Orion Arm's Gould Belt

Postby Ratburntro44 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:48 am

OMG TECHGUMP IS A CHEATER HE'S SUCH A LIAR AND A FAKER

JK, I know you're not a cheater... Yeah, that's ridiculous.

BTW, good game Puma.
Ratburntro44

PreviousNext

Return to Feature requests