Postby Lopdo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:10 pm

it will be fixed in next update, we will have to wait until then :/
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Re: Remove cheaters in Wins Leaderboard

Postby techgump » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:26 pm

Ok, any update on the update release date?
techgump

Location: 3rd planet from a G2V star within the inner rim of the Milky Way galaxy's Orion Arm's Gould Belt

Postby Norman Bates » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:33 pm

techgump wrote:Ok, any update on the update release date?

MIND=BLOWN

But yeah, we haven't had an update in a month. It must be reeeeaaallly big.
Norman Bates

Postby Lopdo » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:39 am

nope, not yet, most of things are already done, but there is still some work remaining, let's hope I will find some time next week

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby DaGunner » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:45 pm

i dont really play VW anymore, the forum takes it over
DaGunner

Postby puma » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:54 pm

I was told by another player during a game that I was beeing suspected as a cheater in this forum, due to my high win ratio. I deeplly resent that accusation and demand from whoever dares to make so malignant judgements whithout prove, to substanciate such a nonsense with something more than envy. I believe that my win ratio is around 78 per cent these days, and that does not include around a 5 percent of games lost to cheaters and pga´s (pre game allies), and another 5 per cent gone due to disconnections.

Anybody who wishes to know how I do it, only had to ask, rather than throwing the shadow of this infamy on a honest player. First of all, know the game you play; surelly you can't expect to win if you don't realize you are playing hardcore random instead of attr borders. The number of players that just thow themselves in to games whose rules they ignore is legion. Second, host your own game; that allows you to be able to ban unwanted players. I personally expell known PGA's (cheat me once shame on you, cheat me twice shame on me), abusive players who insult everyone due to lag of proper medication, and suicide point hunters, those guys who try to climb the ranks by atempting any possible attack in round one to leave right after. These last ones still make it in my game often, since I can't remember all the names being so many, ( it is not bad memory, it is the fault of that german doctor... what´s his name... damm it... oh yeah Altheimer). Also players who try to truce even before moving are not wellcome in my board.

I used to refuse also players who held a grudge against me for who knows what reason, but I have stopped doing so because in a couple of occasions I expelled the wrong guy. Also some players told me that they had nothing personal against me, but just wanted to beat me due to my high ranking. Much as I consider that being targeted like that is a dissadvantage for both me and the other guy, I can't condem it as unrightfull playing, so I decided to endure it since sooner or later they get to win me and then leave.

Third, do not play games with less than four players. That usually gives a big advantage to the first player moving, very often definite towards the victory.

And then a lot of smaller tips that came mainlly from experience, do not overexpand, know the reinforcement limit, remember that you can lose 10 8vs8 in a row, and that a 7 can lose to a 3, don't get personal with annoying players since you are likelly to target them rather than play towards victory, think ahead of the next move, try to predict how the other players are going to move based on their previous playing styles, and so on and on and on...

Well, I think I am getting boring here; just wanted to say that if someone believes I cheat maybe should try to prove it. Thanks for enduring my faulty english so far, (actually my english is freakinglly perfect, it is just my typing what sucks ;) ), good luck and have fun.
puma

Postby Lopdo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:08 pm

I have to say, you have interesting personality puma :) welcome to forum and thanks for liking my game :)

To defend guy who accused you, your stats look very suspicious when you take current context and number of cheaters into account, but look much less suspicious if I look into more detailed stats that they don't have access to.

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby puma » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:05 pm

Hello lopdo, thank you for the game. I used to play some other exagonal background, monthly reseting, hardcore dice game, (I know better than being so unsensible to mention the game´s name, in the forum of the host of a compiting one), with a reasonable success, till it became so packed with cheaters, PGAs, gangs and cabals, that it stopped being fun. Your game is a clear improvement due to the possibility of choosing the playing rules that are most fitting to your own style. I am also glad to verify that our benevolent dictator has the tools and the wits to identify who is who in the game.

About my stats, they would also be suspicious to myself was I to have a 30 per cent win ratio, but instead of pointing fingers, I would try to play such a player, to prove him a cheater if he was so, or to learn a thing or two in the case he happended to be for real. And this guy, the fortyforth rat or whatever name he hides behind,who proposed me for the wall of shame, I very much doubt I ever crossed swords with him.

Wiser as he is, Techgump refrained to name me in his very insightfull introductory comment, and him I have had the pleasure of playing with, both winning and losing, so he could have had some experience to accuse me was I a cheater. I guess we are not all made of the same paste. ...am I again drifting from the point?... damm where are those pills... anyway, long life wortexwars
puma

Postby Ratburntro44 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:15 pm

For the "wall of shame"? I simply mentioned your name because, as Lopdo said, they do look suspicious from what other people are able to know. This thread is simply to suggest people who might possibly be cheaters, not say "Ban that cheater Lopdo". It is to suggest someone may be a cheater, and Lopdo may access the information required to determine if they are indeed a cheater, and do something if they are. Clearly you aren't, and neither I nor Lopdo nor you have done anything wrong. It also does not make me less wise because I have not played you, nor was I accusing you of being a cheater. I was simply putting out your name as a possibility because it looked suspicious.

Oh, by the way, Chef is a cheater. This is not simply a name I am putting out based on a small possibility, I know for a fact that he cheats.

Edit: Seriosuly Puma? Don't make fun of Alzheimer's. I've known multiple people who have had it.
Ratburntro44

Postby puma » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:45 pm

"Simply mentioned your name because it looks suspicious", my dear fellow, that is exactlly the same attitude that got thousands of "witches" burned some centuries ago. If you have some acusation to make, do it like a man, with data to back up your claim on the table; otherwise it just looks like an envious tantrum, or worse, a rationalizing "he does better than me, therefore he must be cheating".

About my sense of humour I must ad that I will joke with whatever I wish, whenever I wish, and in the terms that I wish. I joke about blacks with my black friends, about fags with my gay friends, and my father died of Alzheimer disease, and still I joke about it, because, my dear antagonist, life is too serious to take it seriouslly.
puma

PreviousNext

Return to Feature requests