Remove cheaters in Wins Leaderboard

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Remove cheaters in Wins Leaderboard

Postby techgump » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:34 am

Just requesting that something be done about the wins leaderboard for
AcaNintento
Joker

The win ratio is totally unrealistic for any normal game play... assuming disconnects, starting position, and luck, these values are impossible without multi-logging cheats. It would be nice to see the wins for 10 authentic players. I mean, you can verify this with everyone else on the wins boards, whose win ratio is all fairly close, ranging 30-50%... realistic values. My opinion, anything pushing above 50% is very questionable. Winning 1 out of every 2 games is pretty amazing unless one plays 2-3 player maps a lot.... and even then it's a stretch.

This might mean also taking into considering a small database log in which queries can match users to games to find games where 2 or more users are consistently matched with same ip and/or same game room, whereby one user is losing and abnormal ratio, while the other potential respective matches win an abnormal ratio. Surely this is not difficult, and can offer you an admin panel to which potential cheaters are easily identifiable. I think an ip match is not sufficient enough, as one can use one browser to tunnel via a proxy, while the other browser remains normal. A small consideration to make the game stats accurate and catch multi-loggers without players having to question who's legit. I am willing to help in dev on that code should be desired.

Thanks.
techgump

Location: 3rd planet from a G2V star within the inner rim of the Milky Way galaxy's Orion Arm's Gould Belt

Re: Remove cheaters in Wins Leaderboard

Postby Ratburntro44 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:55 am

What about Puma?
Ratburntro44

Postby Lopdo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:34 am

database system I am using REALLY sucks so I can't do queries of any kind, I do log bunch of thing that might help identify cheaters, but unfortunately I need to check them manually. I will look into it and clear it up
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Norman Bates » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:09 pm

While i'm pretty sure he doesn't cheat, i find it odd that Niogreek, after getting his 1000th win, managed to get at least 150 more in about 3 days or so...
Norman Bates

Postby Lopdo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:19 pm

He plays a LOT :) there is nothing at all that would suggest cheating
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby techgump » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:33 pm

Ditto, 150 games in nothing in 3 days. Very achievable. He tends to play smaller maps due to disconnect issues, so he can squeeze in more games than the average person who would play a variety, or like me, where I typically play larger maps much more.
techgump

Location: 3rd planet from a G2V star within the inner rim of the Milky Way galaxy's Orion Arm's Gould Belt

Postby Norman Bates » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:35 pm

Wow, I thought my playing of roughly 20-25 games was a rather large amount but I guess not. Either I am a "casual" player or other people need to do other stuff.
Norman Bates

Postby techgump » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:31 am

User "sadza" would be another one. He literally popped up on the wins overnight, passing all the regular players on the board. I have never played this user or seen him before. He must be playing himself mostly.
techgump

Postby Ratburntro44 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Norman Bates wrote:Wow, I thought my playing of roughly 20-25 games was a rather large amount but I guess not. Either I am a "casual" player or other people need to do other stuff.

20-25 games is a large amount, just not when you compare it to certain people.
Ratburntro44

Postby techgump » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:00 pm

ASDF is likely multi-logging as well. Consistently a Guest player with him in games and neither attack each other.
Something needs to be done about this if possible. I am going to boot guests from now on... and that sucks for them and the overall game growth... but I'd rather do that than have 2 or 3 multi-logged guests.
techgump

Next

Return to Feature requests