FTA solution?

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

FTA solution?

Postby Lopdo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:50 am

Someone in chat suggested interesting idea how to solve FTA (Joshua, if you ask what FTA is, I swear I will kick you out of there faster than you can blink). I don't remember name as it was while back (sorry) and I was thinking about it quite a lot. Idea is really simple, let player pick first region in reversed order. So last player picks first, first player picks last and then he immediately start his first turn in normal order. I am still not sure I am comfortable with this idea, but it seems way better than anything else that was suggested so far. So... what do you think?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Re: FTA solution?

Postby rouge ace » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:21 am

mabey you would go in a random order for your first area, then after that go in the normal order. BTW how is the order picked? im assuming its random, but im not sure
Im a firm believer in that people who criticize angels should be banned :P
rouge ace

Postby Lopdo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:33 am

yes it is random... but random pick wouldn't solve anything, it is just weaker solution than one suggested

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby BadFurDay » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:12 pm

Lopdo wrote:Someone in chat suggested interesting idea how to solve FTA (Joshua, if you ask what FTA is, I swear I will kick you out of there faster than you can blink). I don't remember name as it was while back (sorry) and I was thinking about it quite a lot. Idea is really simple, let player pick first region in reversed order. So last player picks first, first player picks last and then he immediately start his first turn in normal order. I am still not sure I am comfortable with this idea, but it seems way better than anything else that was suggested so far. So... what do you think?

Someone else already suggested this to me ingame, during a conversation about FTA. I can't for the life of me remember who either.

Seems fair, except that it means player one gets to both pick his starting region and move in a row. That's the bad part of it. Seems a bit more fair than the current system, but the advantage given to player 1, who can now just pick a spot next to the best one and attack it right away, is a bit meh.
BadFurDay

Postby Lopdo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:31 pm

BadFurDay wrote:Seems fair, except that it means player one gets to both pick his starting region and move in a row. That's the bad part of it. Seems a bit more fair than the current system, but the advantage given to player 1, who can now just pick a spot next to the best one and attack it right away, is a bit meh.

that is part that bothers me as well. But overall it seems better that current system, I really don't know what I should do :/

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby rouge ace » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:48 pm

you could still go in a random order, but lets say you went last game, this game you will have a 20% greater chance of going first, if u went next to last you will have 15% greater chance. Or something like that so everybody has a fair chance in the order, instead of being compleatly random.
Im a firm believer in that people who criticize angels should be banned :P
rouge ace

Postby Ratburntro44 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:29 pm

That's a decent idea, but it seems a bit complicated.
Ratburntro44

Postby Lopdo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:55 am

Random gives you decent idea to have fair chance of going first as well as going last

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Joshua » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:34 am

Lopdo wrote:Someone in chat suggested interesting idea how to solve FTA (Joshua, if you ask what FTA is, I swear I will kick you out of there faster than you can blink).

I feel offended Lopdo, can you report someone for offending you, of course i know what FTA means, it means 'Fish Turtles Ants' :mrgreen:

But no, seriously, i have been commenting on the whole other topic of this and i know what it means
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby lotusmonk » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Hi guys..
It´s my first post. I wanted to make a topic about this here since the disorder in the game balance is HUGE.
The current system makes the game unplayable for last players (say in a 8player game).
I was thinking of a solution - adding more army/troops to the players that are lower in the ladder.
Something as a startup boost, they would place it at the end of their turn as usual. This should make them stronger, more able to defend and actually PARTICIPATE on the battle and not just wait to be squished/surrender.

Let´s say the bonuses would go something like this:
1st player +0 army
2nd player +1 army
3rd player +1 army
4th player +2 army
5th player +2 army
6th player +3 army
7th player +3 army
8th player +4 army.
lotusmonk

Next

Return to Feature requests