Team mode

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Team mode

Postby Robomajor » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:13 am

I know RacerXXL already mentioned this in a past post, but my idea of a team mode is slightly different than his. My idea is more like a Red vs. Blue. A few people on each team, all the same color (or slightly different, which would would probably come in handy if you decide to go with the plan I have at the end of this post). They are not allowed to attack each other. I know this could cause players to get bored and leave, but that can be prevented by only allowing this mode on certain maps....ones where each player can play at all times. A team wins once they have gotten rid of the other color. This is where I have another good idea: instead of getting experience right after defeating the other team (which you could do, this is only a suggestion), the winning teams players each become their own color (unless they are already their own color, but another thing you could do is have them go into totally different colors; say from yellow, orange, and red to pink, green and brown), and it becomes like a normal match again.
Last edited by Robomajor on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
This too shall pass.
Robomajor

Re: Team mode

Postby Lopdo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:16 am

Problem with teamplay is that you can sometimes block your team-mate from others, so he can't do anything, because you are his only neighbor and he can't attack you. Another problem is that there will be problem showing which region belongs to who if they have same color
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Robomajor » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:36 am

The reason I didn't respond to this post is because (at least my guess is that) I was editing the comment when you posted and I didn't notice. I added that stuff the the post. And in case you don't want to read it again, I said something along the lines of "slightly different colors" and "team mode could only be allowed on certain maps that don't have any way of blocking a teammate."
This too shall pass.
Robomajor

Postby Lopdo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:12 am

there is always way how to block your teammate :) you can't stop that

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Robomajor » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:50 am

I can think of some ways, actually. This is sort of the map that I have in mind. They may have to have fixed starting positions though......

When I went over the map in Microsoft Paint, I found that there is still block off points.......I think you were right.
This too shall pass.
Robomajor

Postby GilmoreVisuals » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Maybe having timed mode where all blue team (for ex) can play at the same time, then same for the red. But the problem still remains about blocking your team mate. :mrgreen:
Freelance Graphic Designer :: www.gilmorevisuals.co.uk
GilmoreVisuals

Postby Kaleb91 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:52 am

I have a pretty good idea on how to prevent blocking your teammate in, just don't do it. If your playing as a team and block your own teammate in then you just hurt yourself. Also sometimes blocking can be strategic if your teammate is in trouble you can move in front to provide a defense for them.
Kaleb91

Postby Lopdo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:03 am

yeah, but sometimes blocking might be necessary from strategic point of view and later turn out to be reason why your team lost

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Ratburntro44 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:43 pm

But you could have it so they play as one side, so they all get to use the whole of the territory they control, they just switch between who is controlling it for that turn automatically.
Last edited by Ratburntro44 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ratburntro44

Postby Robomajor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:10 pm

That actually sounds pretty cool: it sounds to me like it would be sort of like a game with two players, except both players are controlled by different teams on a turn basis. Would the experience to the winning team be equal among players or would the players getting final blows and most gained territory get more?
This too shall pass.
Robomajor

Next

Return to Feature requests