VW 3.0

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

VW 3.0

Postby techgump » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:36 pm

So, no promises have been made yet, but there is some high level discussion starting today of new VW dev.
It's time to start getting some feedback from long-time users on what they might like to see added to VW 3.0. Please keep to the topic, and let's flush out some ideas here. :ugeek:
techgump

Location: 3rd planet from a G2V star within the inner rim of the Milky Way galaxy's Orion Arm's Gould Belt

Re: VW 3.0

Postby Ryankill » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:53 pm

Share vw on social media sites gives people shards.....
In game built in monthly cup.....
Clan tags in game, intro into competitive games....people love competitive games
Release on steam, (free) larger selection of people that are gamers who would never play a flash game....+map creator is workshop?
Be able to commend a player for being a good player, friendly, or teaches you something ect....
Top maps each 3 months are put into a pack for people to buy....
Make you have to use a legit email to sign up and then confirm that email before getting on....
Better tools for mods, 1 tap bans XD
Battle royal mode, 24 players onto a map 200+, last man standing wins,
Fix every bug thats in game. (Like this needs to be done).
Get rid of the rating system, it has never worked good enough and leaderboard is cheats and bugged people, instead make ranking for the better you are, not numbers but 5-6 picture ranks, formula by people played with times wins - loss's, numbers to hit since you rank up, idk how easy that would be but it would be better than how it is now
User made races comps, top 3 are made every 6 months
Also market skins ( for the back of your name, do a random selection if you buy)

Am? Do that and we good
-Damon, sure as hell doesn't look like it

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:24 am

Also, in-game PMs would be helpful as well as maybe a way to chat in the lobby while playing in a game?

EDIT: Maybe you could also censor foul language? Might help keep younger players if parents are worried about stuff like that.

EDIT AGAIN: Would we lose all our current races, upgrades, etc. when/if VW 3 comes out?
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Ratburntro44 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:29 am

This depends a lot on if VW 3.0 were to actually be a new game or a larger than usual upgrade like VW 2.0 was.

Idea to consider:

Races
- Races with some sort of rock-paper-scissors aspect could potentially be interesting
- More races with special effects rather than percent bonuses on things. I don't have any particular ideas for this at the moment, but I'll think about it.
- Races that are unlocked due to how game detects your play style (if you do above average number of battles per turn you may get, say, Berserker race?)

Clans
- Build into game some way, even if it doesn't have all too many features
- Be able to restrict game room to members from a list of clans (to facilitate clan wars)
- Special items that are bought by clans rather than users, which allow any current member to use

Gameplay
- Larger games some people might like
- Simultaneous mode (everyone places attacks together, then they are all activated at same time and see what happens, so on)
- Possibly allow fortification
- AIs would be nice. Especially to replace players who leave games. I imagine this is quite far on the difficulty side though.
Ratburntro44

Postby BeatlesFan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:05 am

>>>Clan tag (Would also encourage people to stay if they were on a team. Could charge coins for a "meaningless" clan tag. Does not have to offer any benefit at all, just an identifier)

>>>Tournament mode (Battle of 16, then 8, then 4, then final 2) . Could even have fixed mode maps designed to make them somewhat fast-paced to encourage everyone to stick around and quickly re-join, or join another tournament.

>>>"Betting" option

>>>Achievements Counter (Show how far along you are toward the achievements that need a certain number of wins to get)

>>>Link game account to forum account
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:01 pm

I'm sure this thought may have crossed the VW 3.0 team, but maybe take advertisements from companies and show them at the log-in, or when someone buys a race, etc. Might be a good way to draw income and as long as the ad isn't super long or anything like that, I don't think most people would them being there.

I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but maybe have the option where people could log into VW3 with their social media accounts? And I would definitely place some of my own ads out there for VW3.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby fluppa » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:19 pm

Would be great if there would be a list of pre-prepared XXL Maps of historical events, i.e.

-Rome (Battle against Greece for example)
-Napoleon (Battle against Russia for example)
-WW2 (for example a german campain for a) West Europe b) East Europe on XXL maps or
Allied maps for example a) D-Day until reach of River Rhine or b) Russia map from Stalingrad to Berlin

Just an Idea...
Last edited by fluppa on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fluppa

Postby Fangfallen » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:50 am

I second the notion for a clan identifier, as well as that for some sort of betting feature in the game.

I'd also like for us to have a VW app available cross platform. The mobile gaming community is quite large, and we ought to use that to our advantage.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:40 am

Fangfallen wrote:I second the notion for a clan identifier, as well as that for some sort of betting feature in the game.

I'd also like for us to have a VW app available cross platform. The mobile gaming community is quite large, and we ought to use that to our advantage.

So has this evolved into a serious discussion of something that could actually happen? Can I open the box of cautious optimism?

I'm open to anything that could breathe new life into the game...
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Fangfallen » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Autumnwolf17 wrote:
Fangfallen wrote:I second the notion for a clan identifier, as well as that for some sort of betting feature in the game.

So has this evolved into a serious discussion of something that could actually happen? Can I open the box of cautious optimism?

I'm open to anything that could breathe new life into the game...

I believe that box is also referred to as Pandora's box. If I recall correctly, that caused a whole host of problems, but on the bright side - at least we have hope... And music, albeit with an assload of ads.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Next

Return to Feature requests