VW 3.0

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Re: VW 3.0

Postby BeatlesFan » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:41 am

Another vote for Speedy 2016!

VW 3.0 completion would be a great New Year's Resolution.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby speedy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:04 pm

well that escalated quickly :) I'll look into the code in next days and we'll see...
speedy

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Even if you guys decide not to do VW3, if you could just convert the coding to Hmtl5/canvas, that'd be great, since stinking Flash requires a download once a week and still barely even works. But then again, if you're going to change most of the code anyway, may as well just add in the new features :)
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Grego » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Go Speedy! Go Speedy! ANDALE ANDALE!

"Architecture is the learned game, correct and magnificent, of forms assembled in the light."

Le Corbusier.
Grego

Postby enrigol » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:39 pm

Gameplay:
- a modality in wich each round a different player starts the round. So red is not always advantaged.
- new reinforcements distribution, for all players at the same time, at the end of the round (instead of at the end of the player's turn)
both suggestions to make the games more balanced, fair and harder.
regards and thanks
enrigol

Postby mattie » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:38 am

so yes no mabey??????? are u working on it like can we get some confirmation or an update like?
Spoiler: show
hi
mattie

Postby cr33per » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:35 pm

Why many serious players quite early phase? Why this game is not appealing to True-Strategic board-game community players!

+ First of all it needs True Game Theory approach, if never learned or not familiar google is your friend here!
+ At least option for Pure-Strategy. Luck/random based should be secondary play-style
+ Team-Play
+ Multi-day games for larger maps
+ Have not been active lately, but Ratings system were never pure!

These are main 5-points to consider IMHO bringing the game back to life. I will not go into specifics, but Races and armpy cap with benefits never was right choice for the game in beginning.

There is plenty to do!
- Maybe change Dice-system into attack/defense ratio to eliminate randomness
- Add cards for more fun play
- More manual start picks/variations and maps
- Army calculation from territory specific income etc, not just connecting, but maybe even different territories with different value
- eliminate all advantage giving features!

This game looks Straight-Forward game, but on same time it is not Pure-Strategy at all, but unbalanced! There are too many unbalanced fun "strategic" (by name) games that Vortex-Wars will never compete. But there has been market for Pure-Strategy game since 2000s, if commercialized right. The main problem is that developers mostly fall short creating real-strategy game that can apply Game Theory, cost-benefit analysis, optimization and predictive decision/counter action into game.
cr33per

Postby Quack » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:55 pm

cr33per wrote:Why many serious players quite early phase? Why this game is not appealing to True-Strategic board-game community players!

+ First of all it needs True Game Theory approach, if never learned or not familiar google is your friend here!
+ At least option for Pure-Strategy. Luck/random based should be secondary play-style
+ Team-Play

These are main 5-points to consider IMHO bringing the game back to life. I will not go into specifics, but Races and armpy cap with benefits never was right choice for the game in beginning.

There is plenty to do!
- Army calculation from territory specific income etc, not just connecting, but maybe even different territories with different value

This game looks Straight-Forward game, but on same time it is not Pure-Strategy at all, but unbalanced! There are too many unbalanced fun "strategic" (by name) games that Vortex-Wars will never compete. But there has been market for Pure-Strategy game since 2000s, if commercialized right. The main problem is that developers mostly fall short creating real-strategy game that can apply Game Theory, cost-benefit analysis, optimization and predictive decision/counter action into game.

Cards, manual starts, more maps, army calculation from territory-specific income, team play, multi-day games, pure strategy (removing the luck factor) can all be done with WarLight. I suggest you try that instead as replicating everything from that game and putting it in VW is senseless.
Sarcasm: The art of insulting stupid people without them realising
Quack

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:45 pm

Quack wrote:
cr33per wrote:Why many serious players quite early phase? Why this game is not appealing to True-Strategic board-game community players!

+ Team-Play

There is plenty to do!

Cards, manual starts, more maps, army calculation from territory-specific income, team play, multi-day games, pure strategy (removing the luck factor) can all be done with WarLight. I suggest you try that instead as replicating everything from that game and putting it in VW is senseless.

My thoughts exactly; Vortex Wars' main stuff is fine, I just want some small extras and bugs to be fixed. I like the luck factor, even if it does really tick me off sometimes.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Grego » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:57 pm

Fullscreen obligatory please
"Architecture is the learned game, correct and magnificent, of forms assembled in the light."

Le Corbusier.
Grego

PreviousNext

Return to Feature requests