Metamorphists

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Metamorphists

Postby hicksy17 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:27 pm

One thing I have noticed is that lots of people wish to have their own race/design/description. This idea covers the design area of the race. My idea is that a race called metamorphists are created and that you are able to change their appearance. The description will stay the same, probably with 'these can take on many forms and have been known to choose a form based on their surroundings and feelings' or something similar. But overall you'll be able to make the appearance for your own race and use them in battle. They could possibly have buffs like 5% attack, defence, whatever but that would be down to you to decide in this topic. Will it be worth spending shards/coins just to make a race you could change the appearance of or should there be buffs included. Remember, there will be a likelihood that if it had buffs the cost of the race will go up. Please state you opinions and points, but nothing too rude/offensive/rageful please.
Beauty in a breeze.
The angels will fly today,
Let us hope for luck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wolfpack is awesome!!!
Link to website: http://wolfpackwebsite.webs.com/
hicksy17

Re: Metamorphists

Postby AxemBlue » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Man, someone should collect all these "custom race" ideas and dump them into one thread.
Why am I still skulking around here? That's a very good question.

“the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance
AxemBlue

Postby techgump » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:00 pm

Actually, I like this idea as an upgrade. To be able to select any current available race "look", and select a different available race bonus. This way, for players with this upgrade, you may think you are fighting Undead when you are fighting Vampires, or whatever they chose.
techgump

Location: 3rd planet from a G2V star within the inner rim of the Milky Way galaxy's Orion Arm's Gould Belt

Postby Joshua » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:12 pm

techgump wrote:Actually, I like this idea as an upgrade. To be able to select any current available race "look", and select a different available race bonus. This way, for players with this upgrade, you may think you are fighting Undead when you are fighting Vampires, or whatever they chose.

But, of course, there should be a way to disable it in the match creation screen..
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby hicksy17 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:08 am

Joshua wrote:
techgump wrote:Actually, I like this idea as an upgrade. To be able to select any current available race "look", and select a different available race bonus. This way, for players with this upgrade, you may think you are fighting Undead when you are fighting Vampires, or whatever they chose.

But, of course, there should be a way to disable it in the match creation screen..

Wouldn't the no races attributes mode be the thing that disables the race from using it's power?
Beauty in a breeze.
Let us hope for luck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wolfpack is awesome!!!
hicksy17

Postby hicksy17 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 pm

*Bump*
Beauty in a breeze.
Let us hope for luck.

Wolfpack is awesome!!!
hicksy17

Postby necrocat219 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:14 am

I think this would be pretty cool as a cycle to choose from depending on the circumstance: e.g. you can choose at the start of each turn which form you want and it gives a unique bonus

And now I just reread and that wasn't what you were suggesting :oops:

I think that would be cool but hard to make, at least the race-image anyway. I think instead of personally-customized races, limited-edition races like the watchmen that will never ever ever be re-released and only given as a true display of skill would be awesome ^_^ (Like winner of a certain tournament, best drawing, etc)
The simple, the best.
necrocat219

Postby clan ghost bear » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:17 am

cool idea, but I was thinking more like still keeps basic stats, eg Angels have 5 defence, and you can add on, 1 other normal state, and put a perk (maybe that's what the relix thing was about...) on it... you have to buy each perk sepretly, better ones cost more shards then worses ones.

Eg ones like "5% defence" or "5% attack" or something.
For you angels you can choose to upgrade it's defence abilities already present by putting the defence 5% perk.
or you can make it a bit more wild with the "regions with 1 unit have the power of 2 (natives)" perk. or something.

I don't want anything OP, like 1000% attack or 20% attack, defence, spawn, awesomeness. just simple yet normal perks, maybe a bit nerfed like 2.5%? to prevent OP gods being born (Terminator has 15% attack when attacking with smaller units, if you had 5% more on the attack, when it attacks with lower, it's 20%, or pumpkins at 20% spawn, etc)

But back to the actual idea, this race seems pretty cool and concept and stuff, had a similar idea, but didn't bother asking for it, due to lopdo not even using races mentioned on forum.
You Guys R Da Best, Don't know what I'll do without you
    Highlander is Outstanding
    Ratburntro is Epic
    Drone6o3 is 20% cooler
    Ozserf is Badass
    Autumnwolf is Amazing
    Techgump is GodLike
    Necrocat is Great
    Hicksy is Honest
    Joshua is Funny
clan ghost bear

Postby marvelman » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:49 am

now I can think of a couple of versions of the race that you've described, that you were referring to a race, right?

1st version: You can distribute as you choose a maximum of say between 15 -20 points (I think it would be nice to handle these quantities)?, No need to divide all the points are distributed defense, attack and spawning.
This gives rise to a question: You can only allocate points on 2 sites or even one?

The answer is no: the game choose one of the three bonus at random, and gives a negative sign (bonus malus), and the other 2 positive (beneficial bonus)

The answer is yes: if any of you put the 3 neutral (0 points), the game also chooses random bonus in that, if you are lucky and choose the neutral negative, the other two come out positive, and if you are unlucky and choose to be positive, you will have one of the other 2 in negative and positive last

2nd version: base race has spawn -5%, +5% attack and defense +5%
can move up to 15 points of 3, from one side to another and may drop below 0, to add to the rest
(in this example in order to prevent abuse, we could put a maximum of -10% to negative bonus (malus))
marvelman

Postby calleharnemark » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:24 pm

w8 w8 first of all you dont need to be fooled by look. You see real name and bonus if you mouse over icon. And besides if you only want to change their look it would be an own race you could design, instead of changing apperances of other races. Basically this sounds like when we dint have map editor in beginning and only Lopdo had it. Now everyone has it. So what you really want is a race editor. Like if Lopdo would give away the program he use to develop races in game. For a fee jut like map editor, deluxe race editor, when you can change bonuses. Basic race editor: Able to change looks of no bonus race, but unlocked at lvl x. Like basic map editor is unlocked at lvl 10. Then the possiblity to have race slots, like map editor has map slots, that could be bought. But attributes players make themselves: the thought of bug reports with this makes me scared. So we need to moderate it, somehow. What if someone finds a way to create a race with 100% defense for example? A bug like that would give big advantages and diadvantages to players.
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
http:/us10.chatzy.com/12517185740288
Crystal Meth before: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) After: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)
Attention: the new and improved vortexwars chat!
calleharnemark

Return to Feature requests