Team mode games

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Team mode games

Postby sousas » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:38 pm

I would like to see a new type of game mode in Vortex. One that would allow us to play in teams, and also that would bring a new level of interest to Clans.

The idea is to have a game mode where there are 2 maps, each one with 1 player of each team.

The teams would be players of the same color in each map. i.e. the red team, the blue team, and so on.

The maps would be separated with no connection between themselves, yet half the points earned by a player in a turn would go to his teammate in the other map, at the start of the next turn.

There are some variables that have to be well thought, like for example if turn 2 in map1 can only start after the end of turn 1 in the second map, but I think is a good starting setup for a style of game that can bring more interaction to Vortex Wars.

(this type of game is played in chess where we have 2 boards and where, if you play white, you are teammate of black's 2nd board. The black pieces you take from your adversary are given to your teammate.)
sousas

Re: Team mode games

Postby sousas » Sat May 04, 2013 9:21 pm

Without feedback don't know if you considered it a bad or good idea. :)
sousas

Postby calleharnemark » Sat May 04, 2013 9:27 pm

-1. No allies please. If you check the forum allies are not exactly welcome in game.
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
http:/us10.chatzy.com/12517185740288
Crystal Meth before: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) After: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)
Attention: the new and improved vortexwars chat!
calleharnemark

Postby Ryankill » Sat May 04, 2013 10:27 pm

calleharnemark wrote:-1. No allies please. If you check the forum allies are not exactly welcome in game.

this would be be a bad idea for a few reasons, but if you want qllies in a game you could can 2v2 or allies allowed, or lopdo could give a creator of map power of 2v2 and 3v3 and must fill up and then places in ranbom teams, and placement in set order for teams like every second team, this is the only way i could see allies but very few good players would want this but would be good for clan wars and so on.....
-Damon, sure as hell doesn't look like it

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Sat May 04, 2013 10:39 pm

So wait, let me get this straight... it would be two boards, with two teams of two or so people each. Every time someone from one team on one board took a unit (or region?) from one their opponent, the other person would get a bonus unit (or region?) somewhere on their board. Right?

What would happen if red won one side and blue win the other? And wouldn't it still be pretty luck based if it was one versus one?

But the concept could apply in other ways... explain more and keep thinking... It isn't a bad idea.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Joshua » Sun May 05, 2013 1:41 am

So.. Exchange chess? I'd've thought someone would've come up with this by now.
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby Ratburntro44 » Sun May 05, 2013 4:29 am

This is actually a pretty good idea.
calleharnemark wrote:-1. No allies please. If you check the forum allies are not exactly welcome in game.

That's one of the biggest arguments for a team mode. So they don't join our FFA games.
Joshua wrote:So.. Exchange chess? I'd've thought someone would've come up with this by now.

Or, as we call it here, bughouse chess.
Ratburntro44

Postby ForestGreen » Mon May 06, 2013 3:37 am

Vortex Wars was designed to be a FFA game. Although teaming can be fun if Lopdo was to implement an in-game method of alliances it would change the very fabric of our gaming community, even more so if the alliance was forced in-game (prevented you from attacking your ally.

If your looking for a good strategy game that alliances are built in to I would like to suggest AOE3 (Age of Empires 3) although it is not a free game I find it very relaxing and fun. :D
A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
ForestGreen

Postby Ryankill » Mon May 06, 2013 12:59 pm

i dont like allys and most people over rank 20 dont either. and id you cant attack your ally, and if he trolls you into a spot u cant get out your done, and full map wont work.....
-Damon, sure as hell doesn't look like it

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby chris1726354 » Mon May 06, 2013 6:18 pm

Sometimes it's also a good strategy to attack your ally to get into a weak spot of your enemy's defenses.
I always read read as read first before I read read as read instead.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
chris1726354

Next

Return to Feature requests