VW 3.0

Here you can request new feature you would like to see in game

Re: VW 3.0

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:55 pm

Adding a bunch of extra stuff isn't always going to make the game better. Certainly, some games work great with a thirty page guidebook, but there is something to be said for simplicity.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby cr33per » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:11 am

I am not for adding extra stuff. The questions is if Vortex War is at a all a strategic game, dice games cant be Pure Strategy, but in some sense dice games make up good Strategic game. At moment there is rather 1001 mistakes with the game. Never understood why it stopped developing!

- If its market is Freemium, pay to get advantage, why even commercialize it under Strategy in many forums, sites etc?
- The game generally lacks full Strategic concept. It has just few components of it, but concurrence is rather bad outcome of it. For starters always fixed cycle?

WarLight is just another crappy version of Risk alteration who is trying to compete with Risk and AtWar games and failing hard, although there are some True Game Theory aspects - but community is 13-year old kids in all of them. Vortex Wars on the other hand had, and in my mind still has future as real Strategy Board-Game, but I never understood why it shifted away from it with its Races, army-caps, non-equal variance auto starts, optional extra boosts etc. Any decent player who is in for Strategy said no the moment the game revealed its truce face! And and those days there were tenfold if not even more players playing! Just my opinion and advice. Either Strategy option which I would prefer here, or the slanted strategy it has followed thus far. But if Slanted, rather make it big!

- I am not against simplicity! But different races, advantages do not follow simplicity of equal balance game! Pretty much the same mistake Quadradius game did - when pay-to-get advantage was introduced or level determines better standing point-luck!
cr33per

Postby highlander » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:15 am

Leaderboard should be made more simple , scrap ratings and wins should be those over 6 player games like achievements.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby Ryankill » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:26 pm

cr33per wrote:I am not for adding extra stuff. The questions is if Vortex War is at a all a strategic game, dice games cant be Pure Strategy, but in some sense dice games make up good Strategic game. At moment there is rather 1001 mistakes with the game. Never understood why it stopped developing!

- If its market is Freemium, pay to get advantage, why even commercialize it under Strategy in many forums, sites etc?
- The game generally lacks full Strategic concept. It has just few components of it, but concurrence is rather bad outcome of it. For starters always fixed cycle?

WarLight is just another crappy version of Risk alteration who is trying to compete with Risk and AtWar games and failing hard, although there are some True Game Theory aspects - but community is 13-year old kids in all of them. Vortex Wars on the other hand had, and in my mind still has future as real Strategy Board-Game, but I never understood why it shifted away from it with its Races, army-caps, non-equal variance auto starts, optional extra boosts etc. Any decent player who is in for Strategy said no the moment the game revealed its truce face! And and those days there were tenfold if not even more players playing! Just my opinion and advice. Either Strategy option which I would prefer here, or the slanted strategy it has followed thus far. But if Slanted, rather make it big!

- I am not against simplicity! But different races, advantages do not follow simplicity of equal balance game! Pretty much the same mistake Quadradius game did - when pay-to-get advantage was introduced or level determines better standing point-luck!

Races have little impact in most game. But upgrades do on decent size maps. And all the upgrades and races (apart from 1) and 100s of boosts can be got without paying a cent to the game. So i don't get how this game is pay-to-win. We all started at rank 1 and played to upgrade are accounts. And you know you can turn off all upgrades when you make a game? The race don't work, no boosts and no upgrades so how can you complain a strategy game that is the same for everyone but there is clearly better players than others and is not just based on luck? (Just saying what i think)
-Damon, sure as hell doesn't look like it

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby speedy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:58 am

Hello everybody, sorry for the long delay. I had to move to another country for a job so it's now quite obvious that I won't have any spare time to work on VW3 :( I'm sorry for any false hopes and appreciate all encouragement.
speedy

Postby highlander » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:27 pm

Oh well ,good luck in the new job ,maybe try VW3.0 next year.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby Fangfallen » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:14 am

Well alrighty then.

Guess I'll be back next year.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby BeatlesFan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:04 am

Well, this thread was created by Techgump, not Speedy.

So, maybe Techgump has been absent on forum for a while because he is way too busy putting the final touches on 3.0.

Congrats on the new job Speedy!
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:42 pm

Bump for Beaver.

In a nutshell:

>Fix email verification
>Remove or redo rating system
>Redo Leaderboards
>Clan tags (purchase a tag from shop, costs 1k shards, invite players to wear your tag)
>Ads

There are the main things that need to be fixed in my opinion, aside from the mod system, which I'll make a post on the lounge about. I'm sure others will have things to add.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby beaver » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:01 pm

And remove the 2+ year old christmas. I will start work on VW3 after the HTML5 client is finished. If anyone has more ideas for VW3, I would love to hear them.
beaver

PreviousNext

Return to Feature requests