Las Vegas Mass Shooting

Talk about anything that comes in your mind and isn't related to Vortex Wars

Las Vegas Mass Shooting

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Thoughts with the families affected by the worst mass shooting in U.S. history last night at a concert in Las Vegas. Last report I saw said 50 dead and over 200 injured.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Re: Las Vegas Mass Shooting

Postby fluppa » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:13 pm

Yes, Thoughts are with all the attected families. In the USA you can buy a Gun in the Supermarket.
It is sad, but in Europe we got used to the TV reports which tell us every 3 months similar cases....

Current US Statistic: 80 Kills per Day which means more than in every other Country on Earth.
But they continue to sell weapons in Supermarkets .....

fluppa

Postby highlander » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:07 pm

Thoughts with families affected by yet another senseless slaughter of innocents enjoying themselves at a concert.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:17 pm

Number of dead now reported as 59 while over 500 are injured and that only counts hospital admittees. Still no determined motive for the killing.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby highlander » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:53 pm

Wow ,gun sales increase after the Las Vegas massacre , how stupid.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:48 pm

I don't want to politicize this tragedy, but do feel the need to respond to Fluppa's comment above.

I have actually done extensive research on the topic of gun control (and even won a debate about the topic) and typically, the safest states in the U.S. are the ones that have the softest gun control laws. The reason being, who wants to try and kill someone if that victim may have a gun themself? Also, tightening the gun laws only restricts law-abiding citizens from obtaining guns; you think a terrorist gets his guns at Wal-Mart?

This case in Vegas is a little different because it was a man who followed our laws for 64 years (and was free of any mental issues) before he decided to go buy 42 guns, thousands of rounds of ammo, and tons of ammonium nitrate to commit a mass murder. He turned some of his semi-automatic weapons into automatic weapons because it's illegal for him to buy one! Tell me how stricter gun laws keep a law-abiding citizen for 64 years who never would've popped up on the background checks as a danger to society, no matter how strict the gun laws are, from turning into a mass murderer.

The point is, pretty much everyone who uses a gun for a mass shooting is obtaining that gun illegally, either on the black market or stealing it from someone else. For those who legally purchased their guns, their killings are typically a crime of passion which no one can predict.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby fluppa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:34 pm

I agree to Givins point that noone can predict when someone will turn into a Mass Murderer. but I guess that even a fanatic
Weapon Fan in the States will, after Las Vegas, think that there is something going wrong in the US.
If the USA will not find a way to control who possess a gun, maybe with prior personality tests and so on, we will see similar
TV Reports in future.
fluppa

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:57 am

New reports by people with inside intelligence say there was a second shooter (who is unreported by the mass media) on the fourth floor (there is a video from a taxi driver that clearly shows gunflashes at a low window) and that the main suspect was an ISIS recruit who was radicalized. If he was ISIS, chances are that a lot of the weapons and such weren't legally bought.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby fluppa » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:36 am

All speculations about a 2nd Shooter are wrong, said US Sheriff Kevin McMahill. Stephen Paddock planned his act for months.
US Police has no clue why Paddock went crazy. Source: Press Cconference: Police, Las Vegas. So no ISIS involvement in this case.

"I shot a Man in Reno, just to watch him die". (Famous line of the Song: "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash, released 1955.)
fluppa

Postby fluppa » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:56 pm

Oxford, Mississippi : Just a few days after the Massaker in Las Vegas the "Oasis Church of All Nations" had a stall in front of a Supermarket. The Chruch made there a Lottery.
The 1st two prices are 2 AR-15 Guns similar the ones the Las Vegas Murderer has used. One local Resident complains this two prizes, but the Church responed:
"We understand your concerns, but we received only positive reactions on our Lottery."Source : Washington Post.
fluppa

Next

Return to General discussion