Should the UK leave the European Union?

Yes
19%
No
81%

Total votes : 16

Re: WolfPAC (Politics)

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:20 pm

And, I just found out we're down to three, as Rubio dropped out after a disaster in his home state of Florida.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Quack » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:44 pm

All this discussion about American politics and I'm sitting here feeling like a total noob :D
Sarcasm: The art of insulting stupid people without them realising
Quack

Postby BeatlesFan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:42 pm

It is looking more and more like I will have to actually decide on who to vote for even though we don't vote until the end on June 7.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:02 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:It is looking more and more like I will have to actually decide on who to vote for even though we don't vote until the end on June 7.

By June 7th, everyone might have dropped out except for Trump. I don't know how much Kasich actually believes he can win, even with a convention. And, Cruz isn't winning at as high a rate as he would like.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:47 am

GivinUDaHimelik wrote:
>(FM)< wrote:
GivinUDaHimelik wrote:A spot in the Cabinet to be in charge of education. I had no idea it was illegal to somewhat promise someone a spot in your campaign if you get nominated.

To get Carson to endorse him. That's what was illegal.

But Fiorina endorsed Cruz and Christie endorsed Trump like a few days after dropping out of the race himself. I think it's legal for ex-candidates to endorse someone still in the race, you just can't bribe them. Which I don't believe Trump did, as a few hours before the debate I heard that Carson was endorsing Trump and would make it public the next day.

Please. Have you seen the look in Christie's eyes recently? It's the look of a man who's dead inside. Trump probably has his family hostage somewhere.
GivinUDaHimelik wrote:And, I just found out we're down to three, as Rubio dropped out after a disaster in his home state of Florida.

Disappointing, but expected. All my original favorites but Kasich have dropped out, and he may as well be out now. :( :cry:

I'm happy enough with Cruz though. I'll be rooting for him.
Quack wrote:All this discussion about American politics and I'm sitting here feeling like a total noob :D

I forgot, do you live in the United States?
BeatlesFan wrote:It is looking more and more like I will have to actually decide on who to vote for even though we don't vote until the end on June 7.

#NotTrump

Or, at this point, Ted Cruz. I don't care if you're a Democrat or Republican, we need you to vote against Trump. :)
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:51 am

By the way, did you hear that Fox News decided to cancel the next debate because Trump announced he wasn't going to show up? Apparently, he's tired of them... or scared of Cruz. But who would I be to assume? :)

New poll question posted. What do y'all think of Merrick Garland?

Spoiler: show
And, fair forewarning, if nobody gives me a better alternative to WolfPAC for the name of this thread, it's going to stick forever.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby BeatlesFan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:07 am

Regarding the SCOTUS nominee: I think they need to move forward and at least give him a yes or no vote. By the time we have a new President, nominee, hearing, and confirmation it would leave the seat vacant for over a year. That is way too long.
BeatlesFan

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:13 am

BeatlesFan wrote:Regarding the SCOTUS nominee: I think they need to move forward and at least give him a yes or no vote. By the time we have a new President, nominee, hearing, and confirmation it would leave the seat vacant for over a year. That is way too long.

Agreed. Obama has done his part and nominated an experienced moderate, now I'm hoping my party can do their part and compromise. Personally, this guy looks like a really good choice, and I think he at least deserves to be given a chance in the Senate. If McConnell goes through with his promise and blocks all consideration of the nominee in the Senate, then consider me disappointed. Not surprised, just disappointed.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby BeatlesFan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:02 am

So, I just read an article that says that the Republicans are discussing a SCOTUS strategy. They definitely want to have the next (Republican) President pick the next Supreme Court Justice. But they definitely do not want Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders to pick an even more liberal judge than the moderate that Obama just nominated. So, the theory goes, they will delay and move very slowly right now without outright rejecting Obama's nominee. They will delay without rejecting all the way until the November Presidential election.

If a Republican wins, they will either not vote on Obama's designee or outright reject him, so that the Republican can make a Right Leaning nomination once he is in.

If a Democrat wins, they move swiftly to confirm the Obama pick BEFORE a new Democrat is in office.

Interesting strategy if it is true.
BeatlesFan

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:41 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows why the Democrats have 3 times as many delegates in some states compared to the Republicans. I believe New York and Maryland both have 3/4 of their delegates as Democratic and the last 1/4 is Republican.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion