Unqualified or Unlucky?

Talk about anything that comes in your mind and isn't related to Vortex Wars

Unqualified or Unlucky?

Postby Vortex_Master » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:44 am

I have come to realize that I have one of the worst track records for letting topics that I run die. Over the years, I've run 2 versions of my VW RPG in Forum Games, 2 topics started by Ozserf and passed over to me (RDM League, and Known Defunct Clans), 2 clans, 1 "Colony", or I guess splinter clan, and many other minor things.

I would like input on whether or not I am unqualified or unlucky. What specific topics have I proven unqualified to run, and why? What proves that I am qualified to run topics? Have my circumstances just been unsavoury, and most would have the same troubles as I? Or am I just bad at handle the situations I get myself into? I am open to criticism.

Feel free to ask the same of yourself, if you are on the same page as I.

(This will one day die to, but it is a topic that only requires so much input before it becomes unnecessary, topics such as these do not count.)
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Re: Unqualified or Unlucky?

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:08 am

It got me thinking about me. Exactly two of my topics have ever succeeded, and everything else kind of faded away. But then, I've barely made any others in all this time.

I killed that flag game, World Domination, and the Vortex Wars Council if that makes you feel better.

But no, you also kept most of those topics alive and well for a long time. I guess that the forum just sets an expiration date for most that has to come sooner or later.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Fangfallen » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:18 pm

Don't feel too bad. I've made such a plethora of topics, and few of them stand today.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby BeatlesFan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:05 am

Thanks. I like making lists. I just looked through the last week of the forum for new posts. With the exception of clans (and clan related such as the Council), there are only 4 threads that have stood the test of time in that they began in 2013 or before and had a new post within the last week:

Today's Poem
Five Letters
Autumnwolf17's Den (Help/Chat)
Rate the Signature Above

So, it is basically almost every thread ever made that falls into the categories of Unqualified or Unlucky if that is the definition.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Vortex_Master » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:28 am

Of course 3 are forum games. Shout out to Cate for keeping up with the poems.

I was more referring to topics that had to be ran or updated in some way, but seeing this, I guess all topics, even those that can go on without it's creator, eventually become dead, whether it was just bad luck or bad design or whatever other factors there may be. But I still feel like I am at fault for letting topics I run die, even though I understand that topics cannot survive on one person alone. It is a communities effort, which is why forum games run so long.

Honestly, I'm surprised that my game has lasted this long. As you've seen, most of my games don't make it very far.

Anyway, I think I was having a bad day, and I was mulling over the past again, you all know how I get by now, especially Autumn. Thanks for the input. :)
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Return to General discussion