Anybody here play EVE?

Talk about anything that comes in your mind and isn't related to Vortex Wars

Anybody here play EVE?

Postby Fangfallen » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 am

So, does anybody here play EVE?

It was recommended to me by a friend, not really sure if I want to give it a try or not.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Re: Anybody here play EVE?

Postby GreenMelody » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:01 pm

I played/play (mixture) the game and I think you should. It's an overall good and fun MMO! But if you're looking for an elaborate explanation why then here:

Firstly, it's an MMO game, which in general are badass as hell. If you're interested in MMOs, yeah you really should play this game. It's a great game and it is unique even among the other MMO games out there. It isn't entirely dependant on the grouping thing like most others,you can play the game solo, without ever having to spend your time in groups in order to survive. Though grouping can bring huge benefits, it's not necessary in order for you to get the most out of the game.

The only downsides I found in the game are that it is hard to find the items and equipment you need at a good price due to the whole player-driven economy and the only way around this is that you need to be a part of a decent Corporation or have some influential connections. And another con is that you spend most of your time staring at yours or someone else's ships the whole time, which does tune down the graphical requirements for the game but it gets bland and boring after you play for a certain time. Also NPCs are pretty rare so you usually end up fighting other players which goes against the main striking exclusivity of EVE having the potentiality of a solo MMO at least until you're stacked. And finally; bugs, which isn't suprising really.

The manual has many tpos and is missing a few key bits of info. The in-game tutorial is also lacking a bit. Though there are many stunning visuals in the game, and the objects are rendered nicely, the ships and interiors are fairly generic looking and start to all look the same. Sound is very well done, complete with computer voiceover and the ability to choose the music from an in-game jukebox. Much of the music is similar though. The controls are easy to use and there are tons of things to do. The game has a steep learning curve though and still needs some improvement. With many of the known issues being worked on, and more improvements added all the time, the game is getting better all the time. It's an overall 8/10 in my opinion.

Should you play EVE? Hell Yes. But also be aware that there are better games like WoW an Starcraft to take into consideration.
There's music in the sighing of a reed
There's music in the gushing of a rill
There's music in all things, if men had ears
Their earth is but an echo of the spheres
GreenMelody

Return to General discussion