Ask Lopdo

Talk about anything that comes in your mind and isn't related to Vortex Wars

Re: Ask Lopdo

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:51 am

Reports go to the Report Users Thread in the Vortex Wars General Discussion at the top of the main index, preferably with a screenshot.

This thread is, or was, for interrogating Lopdo. :D
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby BeatlesFan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:43 am

Lopdo, if you are willing to share this information: How active is the live game? I am not sure how you capture or would check this information, so my question is vague on purpose.

It would be interesting to know how many games are played a day, how many users log in a day, or any other easy to obtain stat that gives a sense of how active things are.

If you would not mind sharing that ("How active is the live game?"), I would then like to know the answer to one follow up: How does that compare to when Vortex Wars was at its peak?

Thanks.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Lopdo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:15 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:Lopdo:

What would you do for 30 days if you had a million dollars to spend on doing this one thing? Cannot be buying something to keep. At the end of the 30 days you will have nothing left over from the million and only the memories of what you did/where you went.

well, if I couldn't invest it in the enterprise that I would keep at the end (starting a large company) and it's just about spending and enjoying it, I would rent a most luxurious yacht I could afford and depending on whether I would be single or not at the time, I would take my gf and some other friends for a trip around a world or I would hire some high class courtesans and invite some of my single friends and we would go for a trip around the world ;). I don't know what with the rest, I guess whatever arose during that time.

mattie wrote:
Lopdo wrote:sadly no :/ too busy and too tired from other work related projects

The question is when did you last work on it and is there really a new game ????

more than a year ago... but the things are changing (one of reasons why I was gone for a long time) and I really hope I will be able to get back to it

BeatlesFan wrote:Lopdo, if you are willing to share this information: How active is the live game? I am not sure how you capture or would check this information, so my question is vague on purpose.

It would be interesting to know how many games are played a day, how many users log in a day, or any other easy to obtain stat that gives a sense of how active things are.

If you would not mind sharing that ("How active is the live game?"), I would then like to know the answer to one follow up: How does that compare to when Vortex Wars was at its peak?

Thanks.

There is about 500 daily users (160 online in peak hour), which is really not much. I think the peak was 5k at the same time, don't remember how much it was for entire day. It's eating about 1gb of traffic, which is luckily not much either :) I don't have stats about daily number of games at hand, so I can't help you there
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

- Feel free to correct all my grammar mistakes -
Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby mattie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:18 pm

Is this the real lopdo posting?
Spoiler: show
hi
mattie

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:22 pm

I sure hope so.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Lopdo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:25 pm

mattie wrote:Is this the real lopdo posting?

nope, Chuck Testa :)

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby mattie » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:21 pm

Why cant I post for fang's tourney in announcements ?
hi
mattie

Postby Lopdo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:07 pm

I am not really sure, I think it's open for some people only, mods and maybe few others. I would have to check and I am too lazy for that

Lopdo
Site Admin

Postby Fangfallen » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:08 pm

I'll look into it, after all; it's what I'm for. :lol:
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby mattie » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Lopdo wrote:I am not really sure, I think it's open for some people only, mods and maybe few others. I would have to check and I am too lazy for that

I don't like the idea of certain members having access to it, it's not fair
hi
mattie

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion