Should the UK leave the European Union?

Yes
19%
No
81%

Total votes : 16

Re: WolfPAC (Politics)

Postby British Bulldog » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:30 am

Autumnwolf17 wrote:The Brexit referendum is tomorrow! What does everyone think?

I strongly support staying myself. None of the reasons for leaving seem worth the cost.

Well we voted to leave, really didn't see that coming. Guess it's into the unknown now.

I'm quite ignorant towards politics to be honest, however the thought of Boris Johnson running the country doesn't fill me with confidence!

Scotland must be pissed off. Not long after voting to stay in the UK, mostly due to the threat of being left out the EU, they find themselves out despite heavily voting to remain.
Hint: If someone keeps insulting you, mute him.
British Bulldog

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:41 pm

I'm disappointed. I really didn't expect them to actually leave the EU. And now Cameron's stepping down, so it's bad all around.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:35 pm

From what I've read, the UK leaving the EU could result in big consequences in Prem League Football (Soccer). The EU has a free movement of labor law allowing those seeking jobs to move from country to country and be employed without a worker's permit. Without being in the EU any longer, the Prem League might not be able to attain players from out of the UK as well as not having access to players under 18 (something to do with a FIFA rule that was trumped by the EU FMoL). Current Prem League players may even have to leave the UK as they're not eligible for a worker's permit. Weird stuff all around if you ask me.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Ryankill » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:52 am

Well, I'm traveling to London to day, as I do a lot and this could change a lot but the main reason they voted out is the older population had up to a 80% vote out while compared to the 51.6% of the hole country. It was a short sighted move which was mostly caused by the mimagrant crisis and then the terrosism threats so ya. The next 2 years will decided how the British economy will go and now the billions of investments projects have all ceased and plans are looking to develop elsewhere
-Damon, sure as hell doesn't look like it

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby fluppa » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:05 am

We (Germany) and all the other EU Countries are irritate by UK's vote to leave us. We regret this step because the idea of EU was

a) Have a stronger voice in the world
b) Have a united economic area which can compete with USA and China
c) Share different ideas and find a compromise for all.

We don't think that just one european country can do that all alone. If UK thinks they can... go ahead.
We are still here in case UK want to come back.
fluppa

Postby Ryankill » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:00 am

Well there may even be a re-vote if a mp pushes for it as there was awful weather on the day which the vote was held so a lot of people couldn't make it.

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby Drone6o3 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:47 am

In my point of view, the EU was very Autocratic, oppressive, and kind of all around s***lording...
Great Premise, bad execution...

(No I have not read any comments before posting, sue me..._)

*Removed curse word...
Drone6o3

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:48 pm

I have a new question for debate.

"What is your opinion on the police?"

The reason I ask is because there have been a lot of shootings, involving both the cops killing and being killed, and it seems that they are being underappreciated.

My personal opinion is that they are here for our personal protection. If someone is shot by a cop, the majority of the time it is because they're deemed a a danger to those around and refuse to obey police instructions. Sometimes the shot kills the person, which while a sad misfortune, I cannot hold a cop liable for. They are humans just like us and get scared for their personal safety as well. The first disabling shot that comes to mind is to the chest or stomach because it's a bigger target than the arm or hand or leg. It's unfortunately also the instinctive place to shoot for some reason. While there are always some bad apples in the basket, I believe most cops are not the bad guys, and should not be targeted for retaliation for killing someone they deemed dangerous.

If this offends anyone, I apologize sincerely and will remove this immediately if requested to do so. I just feel like this is a big issue not just in the U.S., but worldwide, and needs to be talked about.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Ryankill » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:09 am

GivinUDaHimelik wrote:I have a new question for debate.

"What is your opinion on the police?"

The reason I ask is because there have been a lot of shootings, involving both the cops killing and being killed, and it seems that they are being underappreciated.

My personal opinion is that they are here for our personal protection. If someone is shot by a cop, the majority of the time it is because they're deemed a a danger to those around and refuse to obey police instructions. Sometimes the shot kills the person, which while a sad misfortune, I cannot hold a cop liable for. They are humans just like us and get scared for their personal safety as well. The first disabling shot that comes to mind is to the chest or stomach because it's a bigger target than the arm or hand or leg. It's unfortunately also the instinctive place to shoot for some reason. While there are always some bad apples in the basket, I believe most cops are not the bad guys, and should not be targeted for retaliation for killing someone they deemed dangerous.

If this offends anyone, I apologize sincerely and will remove this immediately if requested to do so. I just feel like this is a big issue not just in the U.S., but worldwide, and needs to be talked about.

My 'opinion' on your police is that they are over aggressive, poorly educated, no respect for the people they serve and overall dangerous them selfs (the % that i see on tv and reports). One such case was 2-3 years ago when this guy had a chainsaw and someone was cutting down trees on his own property and had ear muffs on. It was said police was telling him to put it down while nobody was around and he couldn't hear them and when he turned around and walked to them, he was shot. The police was in no danger and well. Then theres all these swatting of youtubers and twitch streamers, to which one time they broke all the windows in a house, threw tear gas in and then proceed to cause $100000 more damage to the house because a 12 year old rang them and said he was keeping someone hostage. But ya, most are not like this i would imagine but still i would only hear about the fuck ups and cant see the average cop in the U.S.

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:35 pm

The Republican Convention ended last night. It was, I believe, a strong showing by Trump and his supporters. He ended the Convention last night with about a 2-hour speech covering all his policies and ideas for the future. Everyone who gave a speech was always quick to remind the voters of Hillary's email blunder and that if nearly anyone else had don it, they would have been in jail. Thankfully, there was no violence in Cleveland over the Convention, at least none that I heard about. Strong showing by Trump and his men, now let's see how the Democrats react at their convention next week.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion