Tips and Tricks for vortex wars

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: Tips and Tricks for vortex wars

Postby puma » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:34 pm

the best advises I can give, born from my vast experience and astonishing skills are basically two:

- First: never, and I mean never, start a game without first praying no less than 25 minutes to our benefactor demiurg Lopdo, lord and ultimate guardian of the vortex misterious and all mighty logarithms.

- Second: before attempting to surpass lever 20, make sure you sacrifice your left testicle on the altar of the gods of dice. Yes, I wrote left testicle, don't be so surprised, right testicle does not work. Already tried.
puma

Postby Ratburntro44 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:12 pm

Since when is the Lopdo the guardian of logarithms? I thought that was every Algebra 2 teacher on the planet...
Ratburntro44

Postby srmanofwar » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:10 am

i thought i might share a little bng a corner preferrably with a choke point to start out so you wont be caught in the middle of 2 or 3 players and crushed. The goal is to spread out as much as you can without putting yourself in danger of other players. Try to either become huge and intimidating or keep a low profile and dont involve yourself in fighting just yet. Either way the goal is to get strong while your opponents begin to squabble over territories. When the opportunity presents itself start pushing out from your safety zone into the weakened players. They will be preoccupied with their other opponent and probably unable to retaliate. Now you will want to start picking off the players closest to you one by one because they wont have as many territories as you at this point. The key is to play conservatively meaning maintain your borders and dont foolishly spread yourself thin. By the time the players on the other side of the board realize what is going on you will be in a good position to win the game.
Now for players starting 5-8 positioning is by far the most important thing for you. You want to take a position on an edge but not right in between 2 other players because that will not win a game for you. Also look to see if any of the first 4 players were greedy when picking their starting chokepoints and if there are over 10 spots available with a chokepoint behind a player start there. The goal is to remain inconspicuous and take a decent amount of territory say 10 or so and start building reinforcements until you have all 8s. By the time you have all 8s all of those players who took 20 territories will be easy pickings. The key is to take it slow and not get over zealous. It is also useful to wait until they have started fighting on the other side of their territory because they wont be able to defend two players at once this early in the game
srmanofwar

Postby chami12 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:55 pm

just if noobs need to learn.
chami12

Postby vyor » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Dont start right next to someone(ie. touching them) you will most likely lose
vyor

Postby Ratburntro44 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:21 am

Don't start right next to me or I will get angry and I will hunt you down, tie you to a tree, and beat you to death with a rake.
Ratburntro44

Postby techgump » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:31 am

You can start next to me ;)
techgump

Location: 3rd planet from a G2V star within the inner rim of the Milky Way galaxy's Orion Arm's Gould Belt

Postby iblob » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:55 pm

If you manage to get behind the border of an enemy try to cut them up so they waste resources reconnecting so in turn you can keep the pressure on
iblob

Postby KingFish » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:30 pm

Use the troll race. works every time and i've never lost with it.
Kongregate username: fish2509
KingFish

Postby Froggy618157725 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:54 am

A 2v1 border is a border you WILL lose late game under attrition.

Conversely, if you're on the right side of a 2v1 interface, and have the troops to maintain it, you can hold it for a very long time, until you get an unlucky series of rolls.
Froggy618157725

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion