Html5 Client Preview

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: Html5 Client Preview

Postby celticus2010 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:11 pm

Simple solution for VW-3

Each and every account should be verified by e-mail to play VW-3 and in addition only 1 account permitted to each e-mail account.

Currently its far too easy for trolls and bullies to re-join after receiving bans for breaches of rules and can re-join the game as a new player in less than 10 secs.

Some players have multiple alts but I very much doubt many people have multiple e-mail accounts or if so, they may have a difficulty to remember passwords.
celticus2010

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:47 pm

celticus2010 wrote:Simple solution for VW-3

Each and every account should be verified by e-mail to play VW-3 and in addition only 1 account permitted to each e-mail account.

Currently its far too easy for trolls and bullies to re-join after receiving bans for breaches of rules and can re-join the game as a new player in less than 10 secs.

Some players have multiple alts but I very much doubt many people have multiple e-mail accounts or if so, they may have a difficulty to remember passwords.

It may seem like the correct solution, but it's just as easy to make an email account as it is to make a VW account. It may take a few extra minutes, but once it's done and they've verified their new accounts, the cheats don't have to remember the email password at all because they've already achieved their purpose.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby celticus2010 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:21 pm

It may seem like the correct solution, but it's just as easy to make an email account as it is to make a VW account. It may take a few extra minutes, but once it's done and they've verified their new accounts, the cheats don't have to remember the email password at all because they've already achieved their purpose.

Totally agree it's easy to create an e-mail account. My point is, it may take them a good 5 min's to setup the e-mail account, create a VW-3 account and verify by that new e-mail account. Yes its easy to do but time consuming for repeat offender's whom may currently, create an account get banned re-enter with new account to solely cause trouble get banned and repeat in less than 30 seconds.

My proposal would at the very least give them some work to do which would not be as enticing.
At present 30 second set up, 1.5 mins kick: Average Ratio 1/3
My proposal 5 mins set up, 1.5 mins kick: Average Ratio 3.3/1

Hardly worth a trolls time to continue as the swing is now against him/her with regards the effort and time to cause trouble for such a short limited period.
celticus2010

Postby >(FM)< » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:50 pm

celticus2010 wrote:

Totally agree it's easy to create an e-mail account. My point is, it may take them a good 5 min's to setup the e-mail account, create a VW-3 account and verify by that new e-mail account. Yes its easy to do but time consuming for repeat offender's whom may currently, create an account get banned re-enter with new account to solely cause trouble get banned and repeat in less than 30 seconds.

My proposal would at the very least give them some work to do which would not be as enticing.

Hardly worth a trolls time to continue as the swing is now against him/her with regards the effort and time to cause trouble for such a short limited period.

Right now, I'm pretty sure you can type any email now and it will acept it, even if it doesn't exist.
PREACH THE TRUTH
Angels forever. AoA - Don't follow me on Tumblr, Seriously
ImageImageImage
>(FM)<

Postby strafe12 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:13 am

celticus2010 wrote: My point is, it may take them a good 5 min's to setup the e-mail account, create a VW-3 account and verify by that new e-mail account. Yes its easy to do but time consuming for repeat offender's whom may currently, create an account get banned re-enter with new account to solely cause trouble get banned and repeat in less than 30 seconds.

Regardless of its effectiveness, I would not support this because having to sign up with an e-mail and all of that is work and people don't like working and this would discourage new people from joining, I feel.
strafe12

Postby celticus2010 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:46 pm

Regardless of its effectiveness, I would not support this because having to sign up with an e-mail and all of that is work and people don't like working and this would discourage new people from joining, I feel.

I don't think it will discourage any new users as you would take less than a 30 seconds to verify the e-mail that you have to sign up. The whole purpose of my proposal would be to discourage trolls who get banned from re-entering with such ease as they can in the current state, this is due to and as FM stated.
Right now, I'm pretty sure you can type any email now and it will accept it, even if it doesn't exist.
celticus2010

Postby >(FM)< » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:40 pm

strafe12 wrote:
celticus2010 wrote: My point is, it may take them a good 5 min's to setup the e-mail account, create a VW-3 account and verify by that new e-mail account. Yes its easy to do but time consuming for repeat offender's whom may currently, create an account get banned re-enter with new account to solely cause trouble get banned and repeat in less than 30 seconds.

You know what else discourages people from playing? trolls.
Pick your poison.
PREACH THE TRUTH
Angels forever. AoA - Don't follow me on Tumblr, Seriously
ImageImageImage
>(FM)<

Postby highlander » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:10 pm

[quote=">(FM)< You know what else discourages people from playing? trolls.
Pick your poison.[/quote]
That's a subject you are an expert on _Funnymn_,trolling/stalking, double-accounting ,illegal polls and game names but you still made a mod,shocking.Oh well guess I ANYBODY that breaks that many rules can be a mod THEN.

ps, keeping my deal staying out of trouble but i can't ignore the truth.He is an expert on it.
Last edited by highlander on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:57 pm

This is directed at Beaver, or anyone else with extensive coding knowledge. Is there a way to implement where once someone is banned, the game recognizes that IP and doesn't allow a new account to be activated or created from that IP for say, 3 days? Is there any way to code this, or is it too complicated/impossible?
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby beaver » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:48 am

Verifying Emails:
I can use Player.IO to verify emails, but there are a few things their account system is missing that I need before enabling email verification. I will be moving accounts, user maps, and some other parts to the game's own server with VW3, which will open up many possibilities. I doubt email verification will make it into VW3, but I will definitely look into it and other options and maybe add it in 3.1 or 3.2.

IP Ban:
That is technically possible. Currently I can manually add IP Addresses to block.
beaver

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion