Html5 Client Preview

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: Html5 Client Preview

Postby Sincityman » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Canot log on server with user name. Can log on as guest. Might want to put the flash version back up until bugs are fixed.

Thanks
The Seventh Rider: The golden Horse of Sins - an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law (a sin in the eyes of God)
Sincityman

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Sincityman wrote:Canot log on server with user name. Can log on as guest. Might want to put the flash version back up until bugs are fixed.

Thanks

Problem appears to be with 2.5 somewhere because 2.0 works fine on AG.

EDIT: For me, even when I connected as a guest, the lobby did not load. When I attempted to enter a game, that did not load either. I don't know if it was different for Sin.

EDIT AGAIN: It appears that only 2.5 is affected. Other players on Kongregate and AG (where 2.0 is latest version) are experiencing no issues.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby beaver » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:45 pm

Booted from server multiple times when in game mode.

The server crashed twice. I have added a second server, and so far it has been working.

Canot log on server with user name. Can log on as guest. Might want to put the flash version back up until bugs are fixed.

Firefox has a bug with websockets. I will work on improving how the client communicates with the server. Until then, I will revert to 2.4
beaver

Postby beaver » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:34 am

It has successfully reverted back to 2.4.
beaver

Postby celticus2010 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:08 pm

Problems again today. Server kicked me from a few games in addition to problems with chat in the lobby. This list of players in game was different for some players such as in a list of 6 players it always starts with the player on top, yet today it was randomly picking players in the order of player 3,5,2,1,6,4 yet some others in the game did not have this issue, i had problems on google and firefox.
celticus2010

Postby beaver » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Can you please check what version the game? You can see in the lower left corner of the menu. The only version online should be 2.4, the flash client.

This list of players in game was different for some players such as in a list of 6 players it always starts with the player on top, yet today it was randomly picking players in the order of player 3,5,2,1,6,4

You are saying the turn order was different from the order of players in the side panel?
beaver

Postby beaver » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:33 pm

An update to the current status of 2.5:

Since Wednesday, I have been busy improving some of the major issues in the html5 client:
- I completely reworked how the client communicates with the server. It is more reliable, and slightly faster. It also gives me more information on why disconnects happen.
- I improved the frames per second while playing on a large map by 500%. On my computer, it now is over 50 fps even with more than 150 regions.
- in-game chat messages look a lot better
- The game loads about 50% faster
- It handles disconnects and network errors much better.

You can try it at http://beta.vortexwars.com/. beta.vortexwars.com will become the new place to try future versions. html5.vortexwars.com will eventually go away.
I plan to update vortexwars.com tomorrow to 2.5 again, as long as no major issues are discovered before then.

One other thing that I want to share is that the game was transferred to my account on Kongregate on January 5th and was added to the list of new action games. Over 100 new accounts have been created each day since then, and the total time players spend on VortexWars each day has doubled compared to before the 5th.
beaver

Postby celticus2010 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:04 pm

You are saying the turn order was different from the order of players in the side panel?

Correct and it was version 2.4
celticus2010

Postby Sincityman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:19 am

Less bugs.. However, timing out when trying to place boosts in game mode.

Loads much slower than flash version. Booted 3 times from server when hosting games. Bad for me because I was clearly winning all of them.
The Seventh Rider: The golden Horse of Sins - an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law (a sin in the eyes of God)
Sincityman

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:46 am

Sincityman wrote:Less bugs.. However, timing out when trying to place boosts in game mode.

Loads much slower than flash version. Booted 3 times from server when hosting games. Bad for me because I was clearly winning all of them.

I was also disconnected from the only game I was able to play today. I didn't notice the boosts bug, but that's probably because I was kicked before I had a chance ;)
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion