Moderation

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: Moderation

Postby highlander » Tue May 24, 2016 1:49 am

I was only clearing the fact he never stated 13-pg.He said 12.
Plus a pg rating varies from country to country, quite sure if i could be bothered i could list many words uttered in a pg rated movie ,that would get a ban here.

My main concern was ,well two , under what legal right did fangfallen have to change the rules being only a minor ,when he did it.Being only a mod and not the owner.
And could we all revert back to the original VW1 rules ,stated in vortex wars rules.

Thats why i asked Beaver about this dual system rule book.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby BeatlesFan » Tue May 24, 2016 2:08 am

highlander wrote:I'd like to ask the new owner\admin on his view of the game rules and the current moderation.

Beatlesfan - says he has tolerance levels.

Fangfanllen - has ruled its 12 PG, MEANS NO TOLERANCE LEVEL.

This is confusing , so if a player posts an '' F '' bomb,he is ok Beatlesfan will ignore it but if Fangfallen sees it ,you'll be banned.

Main question Beaver will the rules be up-dated to your outlook on the game and more clearly defined or do we continue with mixed moderation rulings.

So, for me: Yes, I have a tolerance level. I want for people to play the game and have no plans to ban everyone for minor stuff. I think that strategy will reduce the number of players. We have a lot of tools (personal ban list/ignore/mute/tolerate/etc.) on our own without a moderator imposing a penalty.

But to clarify: I did not say I would tolerate the "F" bomb. That crosses a line in almost every case and would be dealt with, including by me. But if somebody calls you "stupid head" once, I expect you to shrug it off, unless it is repeated abuse by the same player.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby highlander » Tue May 24, 2016 2:16 am

As i explained to grego ,that was meerly an example.

But sorry to say Beatlesfan you let an '' F '' bomb go on this very thread by a player who's past is longer than mine.But lets ignore that.

All i asked would Beaver up-date the rule book to his standard\choices or whatever.
As it like now there is no uniformity in the judgements.

How can one player get a three day for one swear word on forum.
Another player gets a meer warning for much worse.

This is what i'm debating about.
Scotland The Brave

highlander

Postby Drone6o3 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:49 am

I wouldn't mind an updated edition of the Rules as set by Beaver...
He does own the game now .-. and last time I checked had creative freedom as well...

Yeah... The spoiler is useless ramblings.
Spoiler: show
v.v I am older than Fangfallen yet feel so much less mature on these forums...

& why do I keep ending all my sentences in >...< What am I, twelve? e.e
I honestly act younger here than anywhere else on the internet because I kind of feel like this is like a second home of mine, & that's weird I know. That's just how I choose to feel about it though, so my immaturity might just be something this poor forum may have to deal with, as long as I stay within the guidelines and rules. I am so sorry.
Drone6o3

Postby Grego » Tue May 24, 2016 5:16 pm

Lets not make Beaver work on everything, he is new as an owner.... If he feels the need or urge to do that, well he will do it..but his life doesn't depend to this game, so let him do what he can/want do at this own pace.
"Architecture is the learned game, correct and magnificent, of forms assembled in the light."

Le Corbusier.
Grego

Postby highlander » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:16 am

It now feels modship can grant you any ruling and anything you want without a screen shot, just a word from a mod can demand full perm-ban,even though he only had the job for a few months.
Since when can a mod excgarated about so called slanderous remarks ( no screen shoots of abuse ) ,old fashioned term sullied his name,'' WHERE '' ,since when refusing to play with a mod is sullying his name.
Also no mention of a certain player who stirred and baited ,also misleading the mod. In my concept of rules telling lies and misleading a mod is more a rule break.

Mods are here to guide the game from those who constantly are a harassment and rule breakers, but it seems making game names,kicked 60 times a week and constant harrassment are allowed ( just mods stamp them no violation ,until you answer a mod back,then its harassment ),just not allowed in the democratic nature to question a mod.

Its ok to say to a mod '' Go fu#k yourself FM, you motherfuker '' and get a one day ban.
But questioning a mod gets 60 days and a demand for full ban.

So Beaver please tell where this is justice, as I said before the rules need badly up-dated.
Scotland The Brave

highlander

Postby >(FM)< » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:14 am

Okay, maybe the ban was a little short, but either way.
He got a new account literally seconds later, so banning his account any longer in my opinion would make the player
- More irritable then he (obviously) already is. Causing more problems with multiple accounts.

In my opinion players get banned from 1-5 days or a perma-ban, there is no reason at all to be banning players for such a long amount of time.
(Just my opinion, not all mods would agree with me)
You get a tap on the nose, or you get the belt, there is no in between.
If he continued, the ban would have gotten longer until a perma-ban seemed justifiable.
Honestly I wouldn't have banned him then, I would have gave him a warning, but since he decided to dodge a mod, a ban was in order.
PREACH THE TRUTH
Angels forever. AoA - Don't follow me on Tumblr, Seriously
ImageImageImage
>(FM)<

Previous

Return to General discussion