Moderation

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: Moderation

Postby Reznorock » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:52 pm

1. While it's true, arrogance shouldn't play a part in how one moderates, although I can see how that idea might alter peoples perception in how one moderates (if they do so in an arrogant manner) more of an idea of the base facts should be looked at and considered before actually saying an individual is arrogant in their moderation.
2. There is a subtle difference between not getting along with an individual and actively trying to get them removed from the game. I can see how some people might think highlander is a bit abrasive , but that it a perception of each individual, I don't see that he has done anything to warrant perma banning.
3. it's not common knowledge that he isn't even 18? (last I heard) While the administrators get to say who is a mod and who isn't, the general idea of age restrictions for moderation has always been a matter of maturity, I personally don't feel age has anything to do with maturity in the grander scheme of things, I do however feel what is more important is how an individual acts with the "power" given to them, whether or not they are fair, easy going etc.
4. I can't really disagree or agree on this, although I do think from a moderation standpoint that easing up on the reigns a bit should be considered, and if a tight grasp is how he wants to moderate then it should be in regards to the rules, not personal opinion about individuals, and across the board, not showing biased or favoritism based off of the individual.

Of course, drama like this is why Im not a mod anymore. it's also something that stems from forums. if more people just played the game, there would be a lot less trouble.
The Fifth Rider: Chaos - Without chaos the consequences will always be the same.
Reznorock

Postby Fangfallen » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:55 am

Sincityman wrote:
Fangfallen wrote:Currently there are two moderators. BeatlesFan and myself. Lopdo has given me the reigns and I'm doing the best I can. Moderators will not (typically) handle bans that involve interactions between them and the banned. In this case, BeatlesFan settled the ban that involved Highlanders behavior towards myself. That is the most appropriate way for us to handle it at this time.

As for splitting between the game and forum, we simply do not have the numbers to do such a thing and we are not currently looking for any new mods, and we won't be for the foreseeable future.

Who are you to say that no mods won't be for the foreseeable future?
Fact: You are arrogant.
Fact: You have no respect for senior players.
Fact: You are not old enough to even have a beer let alone moderate.
Fact: The game is better off without you.

I'm arrogant? Alright.

I have plenty of respect for senior players that actually follow the rules. Having a high level doesn't warrant letting someone break the rules consistently without punishment.

It doesn't really matter how old I am, and I'm 18 by the way. Don't think I'm mature enough to be a mod, take it up with Lopdo, he chose me.

The game is better off without me? I'll let you make your own opinions.

If you don't like how I do things, back it up. Report me.

And as for me not having any say about future mods, again take it up with Lopdo. I know for a fact he's not wanting any more mods because he said so himself. I had to convince him to make Beatles a moderator as it is.

If you have a problem with me, report me. I'd love to see some factual evidence to back up your claims.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Reznorock » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:57 pm

If people spent half as much time in game as they do on the forums there might be more games....
The Fifth Rider: Chaos - Without chaos the consequences will always be the same.
Reznorock

Postby Sincityman » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:04 pm

neoexdeath wrote:
Sincityman wrote:
Fangfallen wrote:Currently there are two moderators. BeatlesFan and myself. Lopdo has given me the reigns and I'm doing the best I can. Moderators will not (typically) handle bans that involve interactions between them and the banned. In this case, BeatlesFan settled the ban that involved Highlanders behavior towards myself. That is the most appropriate way for us to handle it at this time.

As for splitting between the game and forum, we simply do not have the numbers to do such a thing and we are not currently looking for any new mods, and we won't be for the foreseeable future.

Who are you to say that no mods won't be for the foreseeable future?
Fact: You are arrogant.
Fact: You have no respect for senior players.
Fact: You are not old enough to even have a beer let alone moderate.
Fact: The game is better off without you.

1. We can all be arrogant sometimes. It just stands out more for him because of that green name he has
2. Just because he doesn't get along with highlander does not mean he doesn't have any respect for the senior players, or any other player for that matter (and he also could enter that category himself, considering how long he has been around)
3. How do you know that?
4. Hm. So you say. Unless your opinion is somehow a fact, I don't see why you'd even mention that.
All in all, I think who you're looking for is techgump.

Neoxdeath - I never said a word about Highlander. Please do not assume that I did. Fang's disrespect was directed towards me of which I am a senior player who by the way has helped financialy support VW2. Fang's disrespect came from a laughable threat of banning me for simply posting an opinion on "Report Users." His response was aggressive and frankly immature. However, I must say that his response to Rez. was done appropriately. With that being said, it only show's his way of handling player's with no equal value or should I say respect.

"Fang" I voiced my opinion. Factual evidence is when you wake up in the morning and look at yourself in the mirror. Complain? A waste of time. Just like what I am doing this second is a waste of time.
Let me make my own opinion? Ha! You will do no such thing. I will state my own opinion on my own. Deal with it.
Do yourself a favor and take a bit of advice from someone who's been around much longer than you. THINK before you RESPOND. You have much to learn.
The Seventh Rider: The golden Horse of Sins - an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law (a sin in the eyes of God)
Sincityman

Postby Fangfallen » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:19 am

Firstly, money doesn't give any of us the right to treat people differently than if we hadn't spent a cent on the game. It is appreciated and it had helped forge the game we now play. I too, have spent money on this game, and so have many others. Obviously some of us have spent more and others have spent less. You having put money in the game is not going to cause me to treat you differently. My goal is to give no preferential treatment towards anyone and to act in the most unbiased manner feasible.

Secondly, for my response to you. I want you to know that my responses in that thread will be the most harsh and strict than I any other thread. That new report users thread was created in agreement by the administration and moderation teams to have a strict ruleset so as to keep it uncluttered and easy to navigate. Any post there that is not a report, a rebuttal to a report towards oneself, or a moderator response, will not be tolerated.

Did I respond to you in the best way, probably not. I'm only human. I'll admit my mistakes though. I won't skirt around it and I'm not going to try and edit the past.

You're MORE than welcome to make new threads to address specific topics, I have no qualms with that and neither will any other mod or admin.

What I said about your opinion was not meant to be taken in that light. Your opinion is yours alone and I recognize that. If I'm coming across in a condescending and disrespectful tone, I apologize. I have respect for senior players, but with that being said, how long someone has played will not be a factor in how they are dealt with in a rule break. Nobody gets preferential treatments, that is the goal, at least.

My tone and body language cannot be conveyed across a forum. I do have respect for you and it hurts me to have made an enemy simply with a hurried post on my part. I can't change what has happened, and I wouldn't if I could.

I welcome constructive criticism.

As for me having a lot to learn, you're quite right. I have less life experience and less knowledge than the vast majority of this world and I have no problem admitting it. I'm doing the best I can with what I have and I won't stop until I have achieved the goals I have layed out for myself.

Assuming all that you have of me personally is agist and inappropriate. You haven't the faintest clue what I've been through and what I've done. What I saw in the mirror 10 months and 9 days ago is what made me who I am today. Basing my capabilities as a moderator on whether or not I'm old enough to consume alcohol is ridiculous. I am old enough in most of the world to drink, as it is.

While your view on this is solid and you have points which stand, I don't think that you handled it the best way you could have. You expect respect, but I feel like rather than addressing a situation you attacked me personally.

I've been pegged as an arrogant youth with no respect for seniors and a plague upon the game.

That goes against the beliefs I hold closest to my heart and that hurts.

If you expect me to think before I post, I'd appreciate it if you did the same.

With all of that being said. From this point onwards I will make a concerted effort to show the utmost respect and professionalism towards all users regardless of who they are. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.

-"Fang"
-Brandon.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby PandorasBx » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:30 pm

Fang fallen, you're a great young man. I've seen your FB page and I love you more with every post you make. You bring more maturity to this forum than most.
PandorasBx

Postby Sincityman » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Fangfallen wrote:Firstly, money doesn't give any of us the right to treat people differently than if we hadn't spent a cent on the game. It is appreciated and it had helped forge the game we now play. I too, have spent money on this game, and so have many others. Obviously some of us have spent more and others have spent less. You having put money in the game is not going to cause me to treat you differently. My goal is to give no preferential treatment towards anyone and to act in the most unbiased manner feasible.

Secondly, for my response to you. I want you to know that my responses in that thread will be the most harsh and strict than I any other thread. That new report users thread was created in agreement by the administration and moderation teams to have a strict ruleset so as to keep it uncluttered and easy to navigate. Any post there that is not a report, a rebuttal to a report towards oneself, or a moderator response, will not be tolerated.

Did I respond to you in the best way, probably not. I'm only human. I'll admit my mistakes though. I won't skirt around it and I'm not going to try and edit the past.

You're MORE than welcome to make new threads to address specific topics, I have no qualms with that and neither will any other mod or admin.

What I said about your opinion was not meant to be taken in that light. Your opinion is yours alone and I recognize that. If I'm coming across in a condescending and disrespectful tone, I apologize. I have respect for senior players, but with that being said, how long someone has played will not be a factor in how they are dealt with in a rule break. Nobody gets preferential treatments, that is the goal, at least.

My tone and body language cannot be conveyed across a forum. I do have respect for you and it hurts me to have made an enemy simply with a hurried post on my part. I can't change what has happened, and I wouldn't if I could.

I welcome constructive criticism.

As for me having a lot to learn, you're quite right. I have less life experience and less knowledge than the vast majority of this world and I have no problem admitting it. I'm doing the best I can with what I have and I won't stop until I have achieved the goals I have layed out for myself.

Assuming all that you have of me personally is agist and inappropriate. You haven't the faintest clue what I've been through and what I've done. What I saw in the mirror 10 months and 9 days ago is what made me who I am today. Basing my capabilities as a moderator on whether or not I'm old enough to consume alcohol is ridiculous. I am old enough in most of the world to drink, as it is.

While your view on this is solid and you have points which stand, I don't think that you handled it the best way you could have. You expect respect, but I feel like rather than addressing a situation you attacked me personally.

I've been pegged as an arrogant youth with no respect for seniors and a plague upon the game.

That goes against the beliefs I hold closest to my heart and that hurts.

If you expect me to think before I post, I'd appreciate it if you did the same.

With all of that being said. From this point onwards I will make a concerted effort to show the utmost respect and professionalism towards all users regardless of who they are. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.

-"Fang"
-Brandon.

Now that is an appropriate response. One that I can respect. Let's move forward on this. You did not gain an enemy.
The Seventh Rider: The golden Horse of Sins - an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law (a sin in the eyes of God)
Sincityman

Postby Reznorock » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:43 am

Actually fang, the whole thinking before responding thing, it would be "nice" if everyone did that, but no one actually has to, except mods, because higher standards and responsibility etc.
Reznorock

Postby Fangfallen » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:21 am

Reznorock wrote:Actually fang, the whole thinking before responding thing, it would be "nice" if everyone did that, but no one actually has to, except mods, because higher standards and responsibility etc.

I never stated that he had to do so, just that I'd appreciate it if he did. It would be nice if everyone did though.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby British Bulldog » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:08 pm

Both mods have changed since being appointed, they have taken their role far too seriously and the power trip has lead to arrogance. Fang has always been arrogant, so this was to be expected, however the change in Beatles is sad to see.

Its like a Nazi regime on here at times and there is a clique that run the show. They may think they're better than me, but all they have done is stop the game growing. I have tried to help the game grow, but when even the admin and moderation team work against you, whats the fuckin point.
Hint: If someone keeps insulting you, mute him.
British Bulldog

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion