Alice and GreenMelody

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Alice and GreenMelody

Postby Bluethorn » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:08 am

Some of you guys might have noticed that persinality is sometimes different from my usual self, the reason is that for the past week I have been sharing my account with another person, her name (Yes. HER) is Alice and she has been regularly playing on my behalf. And I hope I am not breaking any rules whatsoever by doing this

The story (For the curious): She and I have been dating for nearly 3 months now and like me, she is very interested in games preferably strategy games at that. Now when I joined VW, it also sparked her curiosity and wanted to try it out but never had the time and was introduced to the game only 2 weeks ago. So I decided that she can have my account since I will be very busy with work for a long while but I will still get on periodically and thus making Bluethorn a shared account.

As a side-note, my Forum account Bluethorn will remain mine only and Alice will make a new forums account named GreenMelody.

Just a hint from me, whenever you think she's on you're screwed. She is unbelievably talented, much sharper than myself and an overall more brilliant player than me.

About a month from now I am declaring that I will be inactive until July 2015 when my work will finally relent and should you see me on it is most likely Alice aka GreenMelody on.

She prefers her nickname whilst she's on to be Green or just Melody.
I have nothing to say.
Bluethorn

Re: Alice and GreenMelody

Postby GreenMelody » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:43 am

Yup :)

And pshh, you flatter me too much, although yeah I'm much more smarter than you Axel haha.

Hope to see ya all in the game. One thing you left out though: I will mainly use Bluethorn, but in the event that we both want to get on and play together I will use GreenMelody, which I created for the stated purpous and so no one else can impersonate me :P
There's music in the sighing of a reed
There's music in the gushing of a rill
There's music in all things, if men had ears
Their earth is but an echo of the spheres
GreenMelody

Postby Fangfallen » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:58 pm

Well, this ought to be interesting. My girlfriend also plays VW, though we don't share an account. I see no problem with the two of you sharing it.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:22 pm

Hmm...I don't like it. A new person should not be able to just take over a higher lvl account. Also the person who first had it benefits from it getting activity while they can't. I would object to a bot advancing your account 24/7. It should not be okay just because it is a person and not 24/7.

If a group of friends in different time zones shared the same account and somehow made it into the top spot on the leaderboard in multiple categories by playing it 24/7 many of you would be posting for that account to be banned.

That being said, congrats on your relationship and on bringing a new player to the game and forum. I also cannot swear that it is a violation.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:31 pm

I don't think we have an official ruling on this. We should consult with Lopdo and see if we need a rule added.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Bluethorn » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:44 pm

If it is not appreciated, then I will refrain from doing so and I completely understand your reasoning. Although I would like to point out that my account is not being monopolized nor did I plan to abuse the multiple owners part so do not misunderstand me.

Do not think that your influence forced me into this decision, I decided because of the fact that some people are going to note that it is unfair.

BeatlesFan wrote:Congratulations on your new relationship

And also, thanks
I have nothing to say.
Bluethorn

Postby mattie » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:04 pm

I see no problem with it if you want to share your account with someone else
then by all means do it there is no official rule against it.
Spoiler: show
hi
mattie

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:25 pm

I'm all for it, Melody can use the account as much as she wants for all I care and if she wants a challenge then she can use her own account.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Guest77 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:28 pm

I don't really see how it's that unfair, really, seeing as the time it'd take them to even get close to getting in the top 10 for anything but rating would require much more effort than it's really worth complaining about.
Guest77

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:19 pm

Good luck and have fun!

Again what I wrote is just my opinion. I do not know it is any violation the way you described it.

I will now go quietly back to using my main Tensegravz game account....
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Next

Return to General discussion