The Beat Goes On

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: The Beat Goes On

Postby mattie » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:03 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:
jjhuxted wrote:I thought it was higher

It has been proven to be this exact number through extensive research.

Nobody tell's the truth on the internet
Spoiler: show
I'm just kidding
Spoiler: show
hi
mattie

Postby BeatlesFan » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:52 am

I came across these quotes by Groucho Marx and want to post them here:

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Groucho Marx

Before I speak, I have something important to say.
Groucho Marx
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:18 am

So I have been very nervous the last two days for a reason you would never guess. Nothing to do with Vortex Wars.

For my work, they set up a deal with a professional baseball team to have "our night" at the ballpark. I have known about that for about a week or so. Well, about two days ago "The Big Boss" had to back out of our 3 minutes of fame and I was selected to throw out the first pitch! Now this was not a Major League team, so it was not Yankee Stadium, but it is a professional league and there was a crowd.

It was just a moment, and just one pitch, but it was amazing! Center stage, ceremonial first pitch in front of a crowd. Not a 100 MPH fastball, but it was basically a strike and all went well. I just got back from the stadium and yes I kept the ball.
BeatlesFan

Postby infected » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:20 am

BeatlesFan wrote:So I have been very nervous the last two days for a reason you would never guess. Nothing to do with Vortex Wars.

For my work, they set up a deal with a professional baseball team to have "our night" at the ballpark. I have known about that for about a week or so. Well, about two days ago "The Big Boss" had to back out of our 3 minutes of fame and I was selected to throw out the first pitch! Now this was not a Major League team, so it was not Yankee Stadium, but it is a professional league and there was a crowd.

It was just a moment, and just one pitch, but it was amazing! Center stage, ceremonial first pitch in front of a crowd. Not a 100 MPH fastball, but it was basically a strike and all went well. I just got back from the stadium and yes I kept the ball.

where can i see this
i need ideas for my sig
infected

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:27 am

infected wrote:where can i see this

Purposely not really saying where, because they announced my real name on the PA system intro, but I don't think this was on TV. Just a local professional team in a multi-state league. I really don't think there is a video other than what ppl may have taken on their cell phones.
BeatlesFan

Postby infected » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:35 am

BeatlesFan wrote:

Purposely not really saying where, because they announced my real name on the PA system intro, but I don't think this was on TV. Just a local professional team in a multi-state league. I really don't think there is a video other than what ppl may have taken on their cell phones.
Lll
what team ?
i need ideas for my sig
infected

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:40 am

infected wrote:
BeatlesFan wrote:Purposely not really saying where, because they announced my real name on the PA system intro.
Lll
what team ?

If I say the name of the team and you do find a video, I really did not want to post my real name and they do say it over the PA as they announce who is throwing out the ceremonial pitch.

I don't want to post my name because then I have to also reveal my Social Security Number and ATM PIN. The name alone is worthless to you. :o
BeatlesFan

Postby Bluethorn » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:58 am

infected wrote:
BeatlesFan wrote:

Lll
what team ?

The man wants his privacy, let him have it.
I have nothing to say.
Bluethorn

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:13 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:So I have been very nervous the last two days for a reason you would never guess. Nothing to do with Vortex Wars.

Congrats! Find us a permanently muted version of the video.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:34 pm

1v1q mode explained:

In this mode the rolls shows how many of each players units is killed from the summary of the rolls

The number of territories you and the other player have is separate from how many units are killed

Because of this, you may kill more of the enemy and “lose” the attack, or lose more of your own units and “win” the attack

Example: the roll ends up at 4 to 3
You killed 4 from the enemy and lost 3 of your own

What matters is how many units you had before the attack, you may or may not have destroyed all of his units or lost all (except 1) of yours

This mode fights each die roll independently, so you are not matching your 8 against his 5, you are rolling several 1v1s at the same time

The only race based bonuses that work here are spawn bonuses

So in summary:
1) This mode is absolutely frustrating
2) There is no rational explanation for this mode existing
3) All players that intentionally play this mode should be ashamed
BeatlesFan

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion