Html5 Client Preview

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: Html5 Client Preview

Postby beaver » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:49 pm

There are 4 main problems that still exist in the html5 client:
1) Frequently new updates are broken
2) I updated the 3rd party library I use to parse server messages in the middle of January, and since then the client hasn't worked on Safari or Firefox.
3) Sometimes after leaving a game it stops being able to parse server messages until the page is reloaded. So far I haven't found a reliable way to reproduce this.
4) Disconnections. In January I released many fixes and improvements. Disconnections in the beta are automatically recorded, and none have been recorded in the last 5 days! Though there could be a bug in recording disconnections.

I fixed the second problem, and possibly the third (I need to test it more to make sure). I will have no internet connection for parts of Thursday - Saturday, so I am hesitant to release 2.5 before then. It most likely will be Sunday or Monday, as long as no other major issues appear.
beaver

Postby beaver » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:16 pm

https://beta.vortexwars.com/ is back up, and has the current code for VW3! There are several visual changes, but it mostly has behind-the-scene changes to allow migrating parts of the game away from player.io, as well as many fixed bugs and optimizations. I can easily toggle the new VW3 features, so this will also be 2.5.8, but with the VW3 features hidden.

I decreased the quality and file size of the background music in the beta. 1/2 of the download time was spent on it. Please let me know if you notice the lower quality.

Until all players are using VW2.5, I'm not able to safely start migrating away from Player.IO. My focus now is to keep fixing bugs in VW2.5, and update Kongregate. After I am sure VW on Kongregate is stable, I will update Armour Games.

If I have time this week, I will look into migrating the forum to http://www.discourse.org/. It might take some getting used to, but it is a much better forum platform. You can try it at https://try.discourse.org/ or see where it is used at https://meta.discourse.org/t/please-visit-our-discourse-forum-directory/3102/1.
beaver

Postby Ratburntro44 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:08 pm

I reported all the bugs I could find in it with the Feedback system on there. If for whatever reason that isn't working I can find and post them again on here.

Forum change seems a bit unnecessary.
Ratburntro44

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:05 am

Great to see a new version of the game out. Unfortunately I can't try it until Monday at the earliest.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby beaver » Mon May 01, 2017 3:12 am

I released 2.5.8! It fixes many of the major bugs with the html5 client (including logging in as a new user and accessing the shop), and even some that existed in the flash client.
beaver

Postby maximuscougar » Wed May 03, 2017 12:11 am

Thats Great Beaver!

Hey man, how can i log in to the beta with my current user ID? I recreated MaximusCougar and I started back out at nothing.

Thanks man for the hard work!
maximuscougar

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed May 03, 2017 12:13 am

beaver wrote:I released 2.5.8! It fixes many of the major bugs with the html5 client (including logging in as a new user and accessing the shop), and even some that existed in the flash client.

It's really good now. Haven't experienced any bugs with the new version yet.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat May 06, 2017 5:32 pm

Two things from the game I just played:

1) The order of the chat switched at some point. When I scrolled back to see a previous comment, a response I made to another player was now in order BEFORE the comment he made that I was responding to. I swear I did not predict the future. I answered him after he made his comment.

2) Game play itself was fine, but the screen "jumped" a bit several times. It appeared as though the screen was turning off for a split second, moving just a hair away from where it was, then restoring itself to normal. It was almost too fast to notice what it was doing, except it jumped about 4 times during the game. Very minor and did not impede anything. I am not having this issue with anything else I am doing, it only happened during a live game. It never happened during my turn.

Sorry, did not get screenshots.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby infected » Sun May 07, 2017 9:56 pm

IDK if this is just my internet, but i seem to DC a lot more then usual. and when is DC i often have to refresh the page to play again, however when i do not have to refresh the page every game i join or leave it says you have disconnected but i can still play after i click ok.
i need ideas for my sig
infected

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Tue May 09, 2017 4:29 pm

I just noticed that in Social, my list of inactive friends isn't in order based off how many days they've been inactive. Rather, it's all spread out. (This is on Beta version you provided the link to.)

social.jpg
social.jpg (85.44 KiB) Viewed 7972 times

EDIT: Just realized this would have been better in Bug Reports. Sorry!

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion