Html5 Client Preview

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: Html5 Client Preview

Postby beaver » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:36 pm

Alpha 14

Game
- Add player info pop up
- Add mute panel
- Add region hover
- Improve accuracy of calculating region clicked or hover
- Does not tell you you were disconnected if you choose to leave game
- Show defense or attack boosts used in fight screen
- Can only click your own attack and defense boosts
- Fix clicking right of map would sometimes click a region
- Fix region background did not cover very large regions
- Fix some situations where there was no region background
- Fix fight screen background
- Fix showing "rd" or "th" after place in game over screen
- Fix game over screen not appearing in some situations

Lobby
- Add game filter
- Added player info pop up
- Fix boost icons not appearing for games with boosts disabled
- Fix dev mode being enabled when map picker is opened

Game room
- Added player info pop up

Login
- Guests are taken directly to lobby instead of menu

Register
- Fix font used for user name

Sounds
- Add background music

Other
- Improved loading time
- Fixed some cases were white lines would appear in error pop ups
- Fix pseudo text boxes sometimes remaining on screen
beaver

Postby beaver » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Alpha 15

Shop

The shop is finished. There are a couple minor couple changes compared to 2.4.

1) Earning free coins through Gambit was removed since Player.IO no longer supports them. You can still use super rewards to get free coins.
2) The style of the Add Coins window was updated
3) Closing the Buy Coins window now opens the Add Coins window

Other changes

- Text and game graphics are more clear and sharp.
- Improved vertical text alignment in buttons.
beaver

Postby beaver » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:35 pm

Alpha 16

Improvements:
- Finish profile screen
- Add all sounds
- Finish How To Play screen, except for tutorial
- Improve loading speed

Bug Fixes
- fix default filter for game list
beaver

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:57 pm

Could you give us an idea or list of how much more needs to be done before everything is recoded? Just want to know how close we are to being done with dealing with Flash. Thanks!
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby strafe12 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:55 pm

Don't mean to stray too far from the subject here, but do you guys know if it is possible for to play HTML5 games *without* a browser? I mean, I know that it is primarily for things on the Internet, but if you guys know anything...

I'm asking because I got SSL2 on Steam yesterday, and even though the game itself probably requires more out of your computer, it looks better and plays *much better* than the flash version on the web (it's literally the difference between me having a 30 second delay in the game and not having any lag at all). For some stupid reason, my computer has never been able to play games on web browsers. When I found this out, I had thought my computer was infected with a virus or something, but it turns out that it just sucks.
strafe12

Postby beaver » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:05 am

Alpha 17

Changes
- Add social window
- Add tool tips

Bug Fixes
- Clicking on left or right of panel would click anything that was behind it
- Fix lines appearing in the background of some panels
- Fix some cases where a text box was not clickable
- Fix profile achievements panel
- Fix initial page shown to guests in the user map picker window

The only feature remaining to add is the tutorial!. Then it is on to bug fixes and making sure 2.5 is visually consistent with 2.4.

Map Editor:
The map editor would delay 2.5 by at least several more weeks. It will temporarily be removed for 2.5, and be added back in 2.6 or 3.0 with some improvements. If you are making a map, or plan to, the map editor in the flash client will still continue to work.
beaver

Postby beaver » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:14 am

It is not possible to run the game outside of the browser without another complete rewrite of the client. strafe12, which parts of the 2.5 alpha don't run well on your computer? After alpha 18 I will be working on improving the game's performance, and it would be helpful to know where to focus. There is not anything too intensive going on (except on very large maps), and it should be able to run okay after some optimizations.
beaver

Postby Ratburntro44 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:22 pm

Pretty sure you could wrap the client into an application that loads it and runs it, though of course that's really just doing the same thing except in its own browser rather than the usual browser, so it would be odd if it made any difference.
Ratburntro44

Postby strafe12 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:31 am

beaver wrote:It is not possible to run the game outside of the browser without another complete rewrite of the client. strafe12, which parts of the 2.5 alpha don't run well on your computer? After alpha 18 I will be working on improving the game's performance, and it would be helpful to know where to focus. There is not anything too intensive going on (except on very large maps), and it should be able to run okay after some optimizations.

Well, now looking back on that post, I don't remember why I posted that, as the issues really aren't bad. :lol: Compared to the flash version, the HTML5 version runs very well. Really it only lags out when there are 8 people playing or I am playing on a large map. However, as I'm playing right now there is noticeable lag between my button presses and the reaction in-game, but to be fair I have Blender open right now. Glad to see the client is coming along well though!

UPDATE:
Just randomly disconnected from a game, for reasons unknown (very unfortunately). It might be my internet, but it's looking fine for everything else right now.
strafe12

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:10 pm

beaver wrote:Alpha 17

The only feature remaining to add is the tutorial!. Then it is on to bug fixes and making sure 2.5 is visually consistent with 2.4.

Map Editor:
The map editor would delay 2.5 by at least several more weeks. It will temporarily be removed for 2.5, and be added back in 2.6 or 3.0 with some improvements. If you are making a map, or plan to, the map editor in the flash client will still continue to work.

Is Spectator Mode also going to be added or will that be in a later edition?
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion