The Beat Goes On

Debate tactics, organize matches, ask questions...

Re: The Beat Goes On

Postby Vortex_Master » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:03 pm

1.) It is the easiest game mode to master, and is great for weaker/newer players.
2.) It exists because it is better than the old 1v1 mode.
3.) Players who enjoy(ed)/play this mode include Ratburntro44, ace199212, Calleharmemark, Ratsmasher, maybe Joriom, myself, and several others.

However, Lopdo hates it, but not enough to hold to his word and remove it in 2.0.
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Postby jonsteederi » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:23 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:1v1q mode explained:

In this mode the rolls shows how many of each players units is killed from the summary of the rolls

The number of territories you and the other player have is separate from how many units are killed

Because of this, you may kill more of the enemy and “lose” the attack, or lose more of your own units and “win” the attack

Example: the roll ends up at 4 to 3
You killed 4 from the enemy and lost 3 of your own

What matters is how many units you had before the attack, you may or may not have destroyed all of his units or lost all (except 1) of yours

This mode fights each die roll independently, so you are not matching your 8 against his 5, you are rolling several 1v1s at the same time

The only race based bonuses that work here are spawn bonuses

So in summary:
1) This mode is absolutely frustrating
2) There is no rational explanation for this mode existing
3) All players that intentionally play this mode should be ashamed

im glad that i stumbled and found this one. good breakdown.
i really don't play these... and haven't mastered it. i tend to lose most of my 1v1q games... this might help a bit :D
Albert Einstein wrote:You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
███████████████████
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
jonsteederi

Postby Vortex_Master » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:08 pm

There are actually at least 3 other sources on this forum that explain 1v1q, most are buried deep in this forum, but one is in the FAQ.

I could play some 1v1q with you next time we stumble upon each other in-game.
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Postby BeatlesFan » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:22 am

My new topic is: Do we need an ambulance standing by? It appears the forum is dying...ofc, we have been through many cycles before. Hopefully we will see a resurgence soon.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Bluethorn » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:23 am

BeatlesFan wrote:My new topic is: Do we need an ambulance standing by? It appears the forum is dying...ofc, we have been through many cycles before. Hopefully we will see a resurgence soon.

We do. But the driver is inactive as well. In all seriousness I hope for it's revival as well, but since the school/work part of the year is upon us, I can't say I expected anything less.
I have nothing to say.
Bluethorn

Postby Ryankill » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:11 pm

Bluethorn wrote:
BeatlesFan wrote:My new topic is: Do we need an ambulance standing by? It appears the forum is dying...ofc, we have been through many cycles before. Hopefully we will see a resurgence soon.

We do. But the driver is inactive as well. In all seriousness I hope for it's revival as well, but since the school/work part of the year is upon us, I can't say I expected anything less.

Less clan wars in the game, people tend to play less that were there, playing less in game means they most likely be less on the forum, less posts, less reading time for people, they spend less time on the forum. Reduces activity more.....
Cycle for the general amount of people apart from a few hardcore players.
-Damon, sure as hell doesn't look like it

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby jonsteederi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:12 pm

Ryankill wrote:
Bluethorn wrote:

Less clan wars in the game, people tend to play less that were there, playing less in game means they most likely be less on the forum, less posts, less reading time for people, they spend less time on the forum. Reduces activity more.....
Cycle for the general amount of people apart from a few hardcore players.

yeah its unfortunate and iv noticed it too. Player activity both in game and forums has decreased in general.
Albert Einstein wrote:You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
███████████████████
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
jonsteederi

Postby BeatlesFan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:34 am

I am going to bring back Last Clan Standing, but am waiting for many of you to go on your winter break so that you can be more active.

LCS II will start on December 21 - So plan to be active on winter break as you fight to prove that you are the Last Clan Standing!
BeatlesFan

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:14 pm

LOL - I am not updating the birthday thread for this one, but Norman Bates appears to be alive and well today at the gentle age of 69. Take a look at the bottom of the forum main page. This must be the 10th birthday he has had in the last year. Good to know that although he is not posting, he must be behind the scenes logging in to update his birthday from time to time.
BeatlesFan

Postby BeatlesFan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:06 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:I am going to bring back Last Clan Standing, but am waiting for many of you to go on your winter break so that you can be more active.

LCS II will start on December 21 - So plan to be active on winter break as you fight to prove that you are the Last Clan Standing!

No point in doing this anymore. I seriously doubt that there are two clans that could put together enough players at the same time to get in a best of three match. Even if they can, no need for a tournament because there aren't three (or more) clans that could pull it off.
BeatlesFan

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion