Spelling and Grammar Mistakes

Here you can report all bugs you find

Re: Spelling Mistakes

Postby calleharnemark » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Joshua wrote:
Lopdo wrote:
Joshua wrote:Blade Masters description needs an "s" on the end of "blade".

you mean it should be "Their four hands, each wielding extremely sharp blades" ?
Each hand wields only one blade, you use plural even in this case?

2 sentences would make sense in this case; "Their four hands, each wielding extremely sharp blades" and "Their four hands, each wielding an extremely sharp blade". Come to think of it, the second would be better. Unfortunately it was 5 AM when I wrote this (No, I didn't get up early, I just went to bed late :)) so my brain was fried xD

And "make" them superiors fighters should be replaced with makes or rather making. Yeah making should be right.
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
http:/us10.chatzy.com/12517185740288
Crystal Meth before: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) After: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O)
Attention: the new and improved vortexwars chat!
calleharnemark

Postby calleharnemark » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:45 pm

Teddy bear. Too cute to fights. Should be fight in singular
Will you manage to win win even with them? Should rather be ( this could be an opinion) Will you even manage to win with them?
The guards gaze at you:"Prepare yourselves" If you get the game that is from you are awesome.
calleharnemark

Postby calleharnemark » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Someone sum up the spelling errors found and set fixed in front of them. Makes this easier ok?
Last edited by calleharnemark on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calleharnemark

Postby Joshua » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Joshua wrote:
Lopdo wrote:2 sentences would make sense in this case; "Their four hands, each wielding extremely sharp blades" and "Their four hands, each wielding an extremely sharp blade". Come to think of it, the second would be better. Unfortunately it was 5 AM when I wrote this (No, I didn't get up early, I just went to bed late :)) so my brain was fried xD

And "make" them superiors fighters should be replaced with makes or rather making. Yeah making should be right.

'Make' works.
calleharnemark wrote:Teddy bear. Too cute to fights. Should be fight in singular
Will you manage to win win even with them? Should rather be ( this could be an opinion) Will you even manage to win with them?

The current makes more sense..
Last edited by Joshua on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby calleharnemark » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Will you manage to win win even with them? Should rather be ( this could be an opinion) Will you even manage to win with them?[/quote][/quote]

I say your'e to good to fight . Oh they mean fight as noun. I thought they meant as verb. Yes ii said i could be wrong but i prefer my way. But make is wrong im sure of that. You say make in singular form. This is different subjects. You say the swords make them superior fighters. Okey. Each hand wielding a a sword making them superior fighters. Right. No im pretty sure make is wrong.
calleharnemark

Postby calleharnemark » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Joshua you think of another form for that word. That verb makes differs form its is subject or an object. You forgot that the sword makes and they are the subjects while strangely enough Blademasters is passive subject if i got it right. Sorry learn simple grammar,
calleharnemark

Postby calleharnemark » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:07 pm

I got it "which makes them". that's the correct form. Joshua Is this britain or american cause i am Cambridge but speaks american/english. That would explain it.
calleharnemark

Postby Ratburntro44 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:45 am

Actually, the current form is correct in (as far as I know) every form of English.
Ratburntro44

Postby calleharnemark » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:41 am

Ratburntro44 wrote:Actually, the current form is correct in (as far as I know) every form of English.

I don't like it. It seems wrong and clumsy. How about a little more sophisticated?
calleharnemark

Postby Joshua » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:17 pm

calleharnemark wrote:I got it "which makes them". that's the correct form. Joshua Is this britain or american cause i am Cambridge but speaks american/english. That would explain it.

There's no such language as American. There's a difference of like 10 words so it's not really worth it.

Anyways, 'Make' and 'Makes' both work, and with 'Making' you would have to change it to ', making'; with a comma. I say just leave it.
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

PreviousNext

Return to Bug reports