Here you can report all bugs you find

random in rolls

Postby Daemonus » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:26 pm

so this isnt a bug persay, its more a question of logic

in attrition

should an attacking number loose to a number that is smaller by 2 units or more
should this happen oftenly

should an 8 loose to a 3 multiple times in one day

i understand the idea behind random in rolls, but is this supposed to be a game of luck or strategy
im not saying there cant be luck in strategy im simply saying that if this is a strategy based game, should there really be times where players win solely based upon absurd luck

these past couple of days ive started to quit playing because for some reason or other players have been getting the most rediculous roll and frequently too (no im not new, ive been playing since 1.1)

as one example
in one game i eliminated every player on the board
i had max capacity of 40
my enemy of capacity 18 struggling to barely defend 3 chokes

then the most crazy thing happen

4 turns of nothing but endless losses, not just any kind of losses, it was almost like HC

3 8s couldnt defeat 1 8 let alone do any damage to it
other 8s would get defeated by a 3 a 5 and a 6
after 4 turns of nothing but endless losses
my enemy of cap 20 managed to solidly divide me, after previously being pushed to a freaking corner

yes it was an attrition match because my 8s did manage to knock a few points off of his every once in awhile.

Now that was the most absurd of those rediculous losses, however in that same day and in previous days of that week there were other cases where 8s would loose 3s and 5s not only when attacking but also when being attacked

more stunningly ive seen tons of cases where 4s and 5s have actually defeated 8s when the 4s and 5s where attacking

now if this was like once or twice in a week, it would be ok because thats like lotto sized odds
but this is happening like 3-8 times a game (on rough average)

I think there should be some rationality in the randomness of rolls
like if a number that is 2-3 points higher than the defending number, the attacking number wins regardless (and vice versa)

now im not saying that it should win like HC, sure it can be damaged by whatever is appropriate, but it shouldnt loose
same goes for defending
a 5 shouldnt defeat an 8, sure it can damage it but it shouldnt win

next, a less certain idea
i think loosing 3 8s to one 8 and it remaining intact is absurd
if an 8 goes at another 8

winner takes damage regardless if its attacker or defender

as it is now its kind of like 1v1q only winning can be more logical
Daemonus

Return to Bug reports