Vortex Wars Council

Here you can talk about more general clan related topics

Re: Vortex Wars Council

Postby BeatlesFan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:18 pm

mattie wrote:So VWC having 36 members members is not part of the clan inactivity problem? No one else see nothing wrong with that?

mabey you can can split yo clan in to two clans lower members join the the 2nd clan? and you can wage war on each orther
and clan activity will come up and wp could do the same there's 4 clans already..... A clan fights A clan B fights B

It is not a problem at all. In fact VWC was the first clan to have a rule that specifically requires activity and kicks inactive members. 13 of those inactive members are being kicked out this weekend due to their inactivity.

Also when I created the rule I had one month less for kicking inactive players. It was the group of Senators that added the 3rd month prior to kicking to allow for the general state of the forum and all clans.

When was the last time that any clan of any size finished a clan war? If you can encourage anyone from my clan or any other to show up for a clan war, that would be great. We are currently involved in wars with Killer Mantids, Wolfpack, and OOS. All are stalled.

If you can lead a strong, active clan that engages in clan wars maybe some of the "lower members" would join your clan.

I even made a thread (Last Clan Standing) to encourage overall clan wars. 3 clans showed up and that was a struggle. I recommend that you create your own clan wars thread and see how it goes. I would love to be in an active clan war and would likely be there.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby mattie » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:25 pm

Well hopefully we can finish our war you guys (WP) I will join wp to continue that war
Spoiler: show
hi
mattie

Postby BeatlesFan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:28 pm

I propose that Phoenix Rising be removed from the list of Council Members and Active Clans.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:15 pm

I second that notion, though I see no need for a vote.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:52 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:I propose that Phoenix Rising be removed from the list of Council Members and Active Clans.

Fangfallen wrote:I second that notion, though I see no need for a vote.

If a clan has been shut down by the leader's request, I see no reason to have a vote on whether it should remain in the Council. We will have one just in case of possible future problems.

-Himelik
Sabre

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Voting on Issue #20 is now open.
Sabre

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:07 pm

I would like to propose a new statute, Statute IX.

In the event of a clan leader requesting that his/her clan be locked and shut down, any member of that clan has 7 days to announce a willing to lead the clan before the clan is automatically removed from the Active Clans and Council Members listings.

The exact wording can be decided later, but I think this would eliminate the vote and give a member time to try and obtain clan leadership for themselves. Do I hear a second?
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Fangfallen » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:36 pm

I second the proposal, in order to get the voting going.

Wolfpack abstains for now though, I'll talk it over with our RedWolves and Beta.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Fangfallen wrote:I second the proposal, in order to get the voting going.

Wolfpack abstains for now though, I'll talk it over with our RedWolves and Beta.

Do you agree with the wording though? Wolf, Beatles, and yourself seem to be the grammar nuts around here, so if you want to clean it up, feel free to do so.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Fangfallen » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:57 am

I propose that the Council makes a system together to award Clans for activity. This system would demand nothing of any clan, but would rather award those who meet that level of activity with a Council Seal and Award.

Perhaps, the Activity level can be set at playing and posting at least once a week, in which case, if 40% of a clan maintained that, they are eligible for the reward.

That's just an example to get the ball rolling.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion