Vortex Wars Council

Here you can talk about more general clan related topics

Re: Vortex Wars Council

Postby Vortex_Master » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:47 am

No, no. The last two support smaller clans and promote clans to have all active members in order to gain extra points and not carry around inactive members. Smaller clans cannot participate in wars and tournaments as easily as larger clans, and lack in points by number of members, so I feel it is appropriate, although it may not be properly balanced. You get 20 if you have more than 10 members, and 10 if you have 10 or less.

As for an accurate way to know if members have been playing, I cannot give a feasible solution. It is unfortunate that the social tab is flawed. It can be taken off if needed.

The last two should maybe be 1/2 members x 2 to be more balanced.
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Postby BeatlesFan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:07 am

Unfortunately there is no easy way to check on game activity, so I throw out these ideas for your discussion:

>>Screen shots. The players or the clans have to post proof somewhere (clan page, or a new "Clan Activity" thread). Show us a shot of you or your clan member in game.

>>Wars. Don't count everyone. You don't have to. In order to earn points for whatever it is you are figuring out, just base it on the number of members that actually show up in a map for a war during that time period. You can have clans post who was on the map (screen shots or not).

>>Player profile. You can check the player profile as of a certain date. Require that your profile must be set to public in order to get credit. The profile shows number of games played (and won). As an example, if you choose to check monthly - Just see that the number of games played is not the same as last month.

These are just random thoughts. I am not sure that you even need to prove game activity, but if you want proof, I think that these ideas might help.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:56 am

Well, I offer up what I'm using for the Wolfpack for modification and possible adaptation as the standard the Council uses.

WP system.
Spoiler: show
An 'A' by a players name indicates they have both played the game and posted to the forum in the past week.
This is the gold standard player, people who play games and post on the forums at least once a week.
------------
A 'B' indicates they have either played the game OR posted to the forum in the past week.
These players are the ones who might be only playing in the game, or only posting on the forum - either way, they are active in some sort every week.
------------
A 'C' indicates they have posted to the forum OR played the game in the past month.
These players are semi-active. They post or play a game at least once a month.
------------
A 'D' indicates they have posted to the forum OR played the game in the past 3 months.
These players are sub-active. They post or play at least once every 3 months.
------------
A 'F' indicates they have neither posted to the forum or played the game in over 3 months.
These players are completely inactive, they haven't done anything in over 3 months.

I'd suggest using this system or a simplified or expanded version of it.

Proposed way to count points for a clans activity.
Spoiler: show
Member activity points.) A clan earns points based off the activity of it's members.
1.) Every A. level member earns 3 points for his clan.
2.) Every B. level member earns 1 point for his clan.

Member participation points.) A clan earns points based off it's members participation in forum hosted events.
1.) For every member who partakes in a Sanctioned Tournament - the clan earns 5/(N/100) points. (N = the number of A or B level members.)
2.) For every member who partakes in a clan war - the clan earns 5/(N/100) points. (Per complete war that has 5+ matches.)

Clan participation points.) A clan earns points based of it's collective participation in forum hosted events.
1.) Every time the clan votes on an issue, regardless of how they cast their vote, they earn 5 points for each A level or B level member.
2.) Every time the clan completes a war, regardless of whether they won or not, they earn 5 points for each A level or B level member.

Now, lets say we have two clans.

Clan A. has:
20 A level members, garnering them 60 M.A. points.
7 members partaking in a sanctioned Tourney, and 3 members partaking in wars, garnering them 500 M.P. points.
Voted on 3 issues, and completed one war, garnering them 80 C.P. points.

This gives them a gross score of 640 points. Now divide that by three... 213.33

Clan B. has:
5 A level members, garnering them 15 M.A. points.
2 members partaking in a sanctioned Tourney, garnering them 200 M.P. points.
Voted on 3 issues, garnering them 15 C.P. points.

This gives them a sum of 230 points. Now, divide that by three... 76.66
-----

Clan A represents the big clan, and clan B the small one. Both are very active on the forums but, because of the size difference in their clans, their points are very different.

The fix:

A clan must earn the qualification points X the total number of members it has in order to receive a commendation.
So:

Quarter:

Tier A. 30 points. Clan A would need, 600 points in a quarter. Clan B would need, 150 points in a quarter.
Tier B. 20 points. Clan A would need, 400 points in a quarter. Clan B would need 100 points in a quarter.
Tier C. 10 points. Clan A would need, 200 points in a quarter. Clan B would need 50 points in a quarter.

We could also do Tiers for Semester and Annual periods.

I'd love some help with balancing the formula for different sized clans, that way it is fair.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby BeatlesFan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:06 pm

Just to mention, as far as I can tell, the voting is still going on for this issue. WP voted yes, VWC voted no, and one clan changed their vote to abstain. Clock is still running on the exact, fully formed language without changes.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:29 pm

Ah. WP changes vote to NO. We need to decide on a system first.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Bluethorn » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:13 pm

Well I've recently been introduced to this thread, and even though I probably have no authority as I am not a designated representative for any clan I would like to suggest a few things.

1) Make a limit to how far a clan can expand.
Clans are great, fun, and you get to meet alot of friends. But what most new players would do is go to the more popular, and more crowded clans, sparing no thought for other options as all the cool kids are hanging there. Plus there is like 20-30 people there. My preposition is to limit how many people can be in a clan. Clans that try to rise like Pheonix Rising (Pun not intended) have no people to recruit as bigger ones like VWC or WP snowball them up. Maybe if a clan's total member was limited to maybe 15-20. Wishful thinking, but this might result in more clans being established. Hopefully.

2) Fang's Activity Ranking idea. It might work for the Clan Acrivity Reward thingy. But except, change it so it will only define Active and Inactive members. My thought-up formula is:
100-(Inactive members*3/5)*10= Monthly points
Example: Clan has 10 inactive members from 30. Their points would sum up to be {100-(30/5)*10}= 40 points

3) Everyone gets a clan!
Smaller and newer clans rarely get noticed by alot of people. And when they join they don't have many people to talk to. People who join smaller clans won't be able to communicate much except for those who go on the forums almost everyday. So I suggest we make a "Default Clan". Everybody who is in a clan, or wishes to join a clan in general can be a part of this "Default Clan". It's leaders will be the Council itself. By doing this, the newer members of the community will have a wider variety of people to communicate with. Of course, members can leave the "Default Clan". This clan will not be able to participate in Clan Wars/Clan battles.

This post was typed on a phone and in a rush. Excuse lack of elaborative details and grammar or spelling mistakes.
I have nothing to say.
Bluethorn

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:27 pm

Fangfallen wrote:Ah. WP changes vote to NO. We need to decide on a system first.

As do the KM until a system is arranged. I'm all for VM's idea, if an appropriate way can be found to count members active in-game.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:30 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:>>Player profile. You can check the player profile as of a certain date. Require that your profile must be set to public in order to get credit. The profile shows number of games played (and won). As an example, if you choose to check monthly - Just see that the number of games played is not the same as last month.

I think this may be the best idea for checking activity. I believe the clan leaders to be honest enough to post the actual number of players who have been active in-game.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Fangfallen » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:33 pm

GivinUDaHimelik wrote:
BeatlesFan wrote:>>Player profile. You can check the player profile as of a certain date. Require that your profile must be set to public in order to get credit. The profile shows number of games played (and won). As an example, if you choose to check monthly - Just see that the number of games played is not the same as last month.

I think this may be the best idea for checking activity. I believe the clan leaders to be honest enough to post the actual number of players who have been active in-game.

Hell, they can be the most immoral people on earth. Such as myself and Autumn. (That is a joke people.)

Just make sure you show a timestamp in the screenshots, and check out their profile monthly. Good idea BeatlesFan.
It'll be tedious work for the Wolfpack, as we have a LOT of members (though many of them are inactive to one degree or another.), but it's worth it to prove that we actually do have an in-game presence.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:44 pm

Fangfallen wrote:
GivinUDaHimelik wrote:

Hell, they can be the most immoral people on earth. Such as myself and Autumn. (That is a joke people.)

Just make sure you show a timestamp in the screenshots, and check out their profile monthly. Good idea BeatlesFan.
It'll be tedious work for the Wolfpack, as we have a LOT of members (though many of them are inactive to one degree or another.), but it's worth it to prove that we actually do have an in-game presence.

For some reason, when I go to take a screenshot with a clock popped up, it only takes the shot of the clock, not my entire screen. How do I fix this?

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion