Vortex Wars Council

Here you can talk about more general clan related topics

Re: Vortex Wars Council

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:24 pm

Fangfallen wrote:I propose that the Council makes a system together to award Clans for activity. This system would demand nothing of any clan, but would rather award those who meet that level of activity with a Council Seal and Award.

Perhaps, the Activity level can be set at playing and posting at least once a week, in which case, if 40% of a clan maintained that, they are eligible for the reward.

That's just an example to get the ball rolling.

Maybe make it a weekly or monthly award, and whichever clan tallies the most awards over a year or 6 months, becomes clan of the year? I rather like the idea, and second the motion.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:37 pm

Voting now open on Issues #20-#22.

Beginning today, each clan has 10 days to vote on each Issue at hand. Voting will end with a majority or on Thursday, January 15th.

Results will be posted on the 16th of this month.
Sabre

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:38 pm

The Killer Mantids vote Yes to Issues #20, #21, and #22.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Fangfallen » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:51 pm

Wolfpack votes YES to Issues #20 and #22. We will discuss #21 further before making a decision.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby BeatlesFan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:26 am

For VWC:

#20 = YES

#21 = YES

#22 = NO I don't think that there is an actual proposal. I would like to see an exact wording so I can either decide or discuss with the clan. What exactly do you think you are agreeing to if you have voted Yes?
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:50 am

Essentially, there would be a tiered reward issued by the Council to clans who fulfill different levels of activity. They'd be allowed by the Council to display on their clan page something along the lines of, 'This Clan is recognized as Active by the Council of Clans.' as well as the Council Seal.

That's the basic idea, we need to work on the intricacies.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby BeatlesFan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:37 am

Fangfallen wrote: we need to work on the intricacies.

Okay, I have to vote NO on principle. In my opinion, you have a concept with zero information about details and you want us to vote YES in advance to all of the details.

I would seriously prefer to have an open discussion, get a specific YES or NO proposal on anything before we ask for a Council vote.

For any clan that votes YES, you are agreeing, in advance, to 100% of the final details right now.

I think it is premature to vote on this raw thought.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:17 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:Okay, I have to vote NO on principle. In my opinion, you have a concept with zero information about details and you want us to vote YES in advance to all of the details.

I would seriously prefer to have an open discussion, get a specific YES or NO proposal on anything before we ask for a Council vote.

Based on this, I would have to change the KM vote to abstain, at least for now.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Vortex_Master » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:48 am

Proposal for the Activity Award:

Each 4 months on the last weekend, activity score for a clan that is a member of the Vortex Wars Council is calculated (see below) and posted on a specified thread titles Activity Award (or some variant), possibly on a shared account, probably Sabre. On the first weekend of the year (to make sure all calculations are correct, add any last day changes, and avoid doing it on/close to Christmas), the scores will be added up, and the clan with the most points wins the title of "Clan of (insert year here)."

Activity Score:
Spoiler: show
Proof of Activity - Points Awarded
•# of listed active members - 1 point for each member (static #, points are not awarded for same amount of members on another check)
•# of members that have been in game (in the past 4 months) - 1 point for each member (each check)
•# of members who have posted on their clan topic (in the past 4 months) - 1 point for each member (each check)
•Lost clan war - 10 points (played more than 5 matches)
•Won clan war - 25 points (played more than 5 matches)
•Started clan war - 5 points (topic posted in Clan Wars)
•Join a clan-based tournament - 5 points
•Participate in a clan-based tournament - 5 points (play a match)
•Win a clan-based tournament - 25 points
•Exist for 1 year (given once per year) - 5 points
•Exist for 2 years (same as above, cumulative) - 10 points
•Exist for 5 years (") - 20 points
•Oldest clan (based on when the first clan of that name was posted, to be fair to republics) - 5 points
•Youngest clan (b/c statistically they will have the least of all of the above) - 5 points
•Every member posted (in the past 4 months) - 20 points/10 if ten or less active members
•Every member played (in the past 4 months) - 20 points/10 if ten or less active members

I chose 4 months because it gives enough time for clans to finish wars, complete activity checks, get members to post, etc.

Feel free to add/remove items and change things in order to reach an agreement.
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:17 am

When you say "# of members in game", how do you propose to have an accurate count for that stat?

And wouldn't the last 2 ideas on the list sort of clash with the 2nd and 3rd ones? (I'm guessing the "20 points/10" part stands for 20 divided by 10?)

I like all the ideas except for the last 2, truthfully; that is, as long as an accurate way is found to count the amount of players who have been in game for the 4-month period.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion