Vortex Wars Council

Here you can talk about more general clan related topics

Re: Vortex Wars Council

Postby Vortex_Master » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:03 pm

At first I thought the points for voting had no point, but it could produce more activity on the council IF clans that aren't already activively participating in the council take interest in this.

Although I like WP's system, I feel like this would be hard to impliment if everyone doesn't adopt it. Clans such as VWC would have to do this every month AND do our check, or completely rework our checks just for this. Also, I feel like some clans will not take the initiative to do the checks themselves.

I don't have a solution for this, because I don't want to make anyone do any more work than they already are willing to take here. I don't think anyone should be assigned to spend their time trying to see if another clan is getting points or not. This is just something that is bound to happen no matter what system we use.
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Postby Fangfallen » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:08 pm

Vortex_Master wrote:At first I thought the points for voting had no point, but it could produce more activity on the council IF clans that aren't already activively participating in the council take interest in this.

Although I like WP's system, I feel like this would be hard to impliment if everyone doesn't adopt it. Clans such as VWC would have to do this every month AND do our check, or completely rework our checks just for this. Also, I feel like some clans will not take the initiative to do the checks themselves.

I don't have a solution for this, because I don't want to make anyone do any more work than they already are willing to take here. I don't think anyone should be assigned to spend their time trying to see if another clan is getting points or not. This is just something that is bound to happen no matter what system we use.

If a clan doesn't want to do it, they don't have to. With that system, no clan is required to do anything, but if they 'do' they get a Council Accommodation, which is something some clans may strive for.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:35 pm

I have to say, the new system you posted Fang is much simpler and probably the easiest to use.

I for one, think that we should wait until the current issues are at rest and then have a vote on which idea to use. I also love the award symbols; maybe we could get FM to try something as well. It would give us more options to choose from.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:32 pm

Issue #20 has passed. Phoenix Rising is out of the Council.

Issue #21 has passed. There is a new Statute, Statute IX. Does everyone agree with this wording?
Spoiler: show
In the event of a clan leader requesting that his/her clan be locked and shut down, any member of that clan has 7 days to announce a willing to lead the clan before the clan is automatically removed from the Active Clans and Council Members listings.

Issue #22 has not passed. This is the issue about the clan activity award.

-Himelik
Sabre

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:45 pm

I propose a new issue. A vote between Fangfallen's new and simpler idea for a clan activity award and VM's idea.

Also, a vote on whether to use Fangfallen's award pics/trophies/symbols.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Grego » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:58 pm

A Council? WOW you take too serious the game, this works like a governemnt. :P
"Architecture is the learned game, correct and magnificent, of forms assembled in the light."

Le Corbusier.
Grego

Postby BeatlesFan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:26 pm

Grego wrote:A Council? WOW you take too serious the game, this works like a governemnt. :P

Yeah, too much like a government unfortunately....
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:59 am

BeatlesFan wrote:
Grego wrote:A Council? WOW you take too serious the game, this works like a governemnt. :P

Yeah, too much like a government unfortunately....

Empty promises?
Too many hoops to jump through and too much red tape?
Plain slow?
:lol:
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:05 pm

The new Statute has been put in.

Issues #23 and #24 have been put up. Voting for them ends on Friday, January 30th.

Fangfallen, as a mod, would you please put examples of the awards you made into a spoiler under Issue #24?

-Himelik
Sabre

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:11 pm

KM votes Yes to Issue #23, and elects Fangfallen's idea.

KM votes Yes to Issue #24.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion