Vortex Wars Council

Here you can talk about more general clan related topics

Re: Vortex Wars Council

Postby Fangfallen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:53 am

In my personal opinion, if they claim to be an active clan still, at least 4 *separate* people from their clan should be able to at least make a post on their thread by the end of the month.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:55 am

Fangfallen wrote:In my personal opinion, if they claim to be an active clan still, at least 4 *separate* people from their clan should be able to at least make a post on their thread by the end of the month.

Before my post asking for them to respond it had been SIX MONTHS since anyone had posted anything on their clan page. I am pretty sure that if they become an active clan in the next couple of weeks it is only because I asked.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:57 am

I think it's pretty well known that the members of their clan are mostly, if not completely, composed of members from other clans using an alternate account. So it goes to say they really were never a 'clan' so much as a sorority. (Sorry guys.. Just my opinion.)
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:00 am

Fangfallen wrote:I think it's pretty well known that the members of their clan are mostly, if not completely, composed of members from other clans using an alternate account. So it goes to say they really were never a 'clan' so much as a sorority. (Sorry guys.. Just my opinion.)

I slightly disagree. Even though they were always alt accounts, those alt accounts actually posted on forum and played in the game. In addition they fought in at least two clan wars as those accounts. If they were to have four alts today that posted on the forum at least once in a while and played the game I would have no issue calling them an Active Clan.
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:04 am

That brings into my mind an issue though. If the leader of their clan was a leader of another, then that individual is essentially empowered with two votes. Which is quite powerful with only 7 clans in the Council.

How would you feel if we had 4 senators who we all knew were the absolute puppets of another 4 senators?
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:14 am

If you remove those three clans, we're down to four. Four is an inconvenient number. Just give five votes to me and it'll all be good.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:15 am

Fangfallen wrote:That brings into my mind an issue though. If the leader of their clan was a leader of another, then that individual is essentially empowered with two votes. Which is quite powerful with only 7 clans in the Council.

How would you feel if we had 4 senators who we all knew were the absolute puppets of another 4 senators?

It's a moot issue. They currently have that power and WE all allowed it to be. These are our rules. We had quite the debate about it at the time too. We went into this with full knowledge. For anyone that wants to read the history you will see that I was 100% opposed (at first) to allowing them and I was outvoted. Once the community ruled I posted that I 100% accept the majority decision. That is where we are today.
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:18 am

Very true BeatlesFan. However politics are not a predictable thing, opinions and emotions run amuck, and ultimately - viewpoints change. So a fresh debate is by no means unwarranted.

I think it's best to remove them, on both the grounds of inactivity, and the fact that it's a clan of alts.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:20 am

Honestly, I would vote for the legitimacy of the OOS again if they were active, but I don't feel they are. It isn't all that hard to reason out where the puppet strings are held anyway.

On the basis of inactivity, I am against their continued inclusion at this time.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Fangfallen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:24 am

Autumnwolf17 wrote:Honestly, I would vote for the legitimacy of the OOS again if they were active, but I don't feel they are. It isn't all that hard to reason out where the puppet strings are held anyway.

On the basis of inactivity, I am against their continued inclusion at this time.

I will always accept the majority decision. So if they are removed and then reapply at a later date, if they are voted in - so be it. However, I see no reason why not to raise the issue of removing them. Regardless of the reason.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion