Here you can talk about more general clan related topics

Re: Vortex Wars Council

Postby highlander » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:44 pm

Fangfallen wrote:1.) Killer Mantids - 22
2.) Wolfpack - 10
3.) Military Soldiers - 8
4.) Vortex Warriors Clan - 7
5.) Independent Fighters - 6

By my count, that is the number of members in each clan. As you can see, I ommited three clans from this count - as they are not (In my opinion) active.
If a clan doesn't even have 4 members, it isn't a clan - it says so on the first page of this thread. I'm not arguing for just the removal of OOS, but also the Renegade Rangers and the XRiders.

Yeah by my count these figures are way off ,a clan is for the game ,clan wars not forum once a month posting.

Wolfpack only has 4 members on game
MS 5
RR 3

But the RR has fought more battles in the last year than wolfpack but you are quick to dismiss us Fangfallen.As the game stands its difficult to recruit at present.Wolfpack only recently started getting a regular 4 on game , for weeks it was only Fangfallen and John Joe.Not arguing but i don't see why suddenly we are being dismissed when the Wolfpack was silent for two years.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:44 pm

This is what frustrates me about the council. Please be specific about what you are voting on.

For the record, there are TWO open proposals for voting right now and they are:

Fangfallen wrote:
Seeing as it typically takes weeks to vote on anything.

I'd like to raise an issue.

Issue #?
A Clan must have at least 4 (Four) separate players that play the game and post on the forums at least once a month in order to be deemed active.

VWC has voted NO to the above.

GivinUDaHimelik wrote:
I propose a revision to the definition of an Active Clan to: 1. Minimum of 4 members who play the game at least once a month.
2. Minimum of 1 week in existence.

VWC votes NO to the above.

Which ONE of the TWO has WP voted on?
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby Fangfallen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:01 pm

I voted for Issue #27, which is the one Givin raised and added to the voting Plaza.

@Highlander, I had assumed your clan was dormant as I rarely have seen forum interactions on your clan thread. In-game I have only played with them but a few times, none of which were recent. Perhaps I'm just never on when they are.

@BeatlesFan, my intentions in raising this topic for voting are so that we can establish what an active clan should look like. If we're going to kick OOS, XR, RR, or any future clan on the grounds of inactivity, it needs to be clear as to what actually qualifies so being active.

The current definition could be interpreted to mean that so long as a clan has four members and has existed for a week, it is active. By that definition, the aforementioned clans are still active. What I'm proposing is setting some length of time that would give us the grounds to label a clan inactive.

If a clan is classified as inactive - they have no right to be in the Council. The Council is composed of delegates from Active Clans. The moment a clear definition is set, all clans who fail to meet that definition fall out of the Council. So what in my mind in trying to do is eliminate the need for multiple votes - and accomplish it all here and now.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:57 pm

Fangfallen wrote: The moment a clear definition is set, all clans who fail to meet that definition fall out of the Council. So what in my mind in trying to do is eliminate the need for multiple votes - and accomplish it all here and now.

No they don't.

Show me where ANY proposal does that.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby highlander » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:01 pm

the Wolfpack had two years no clan wars ,to me thats inactive.

So suddenly wolfpack has 4 active members on game you are trying to control things again.
Scotland The Brave

highlander

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:09 pm

highlander wrote:the Wolfpack had two years no clan wars ,to me thats inactive.

So suddenly wolfpack has 4 active members on game you are trying to control things again.

How are we trying to control anything?
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby highlander » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:12 pm

My clan has been far more active than yours in the last two years,suddenly after the temp closure i lose most my players and you suddenly get active,its hey lets wipe the board.I didn't see anyone suggest two years ago to wipe you off.
Scotland The Brave

highlander

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:14 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:
GivinUDaHimelik wrote:
I propose a revision to the definition of an Active Clan to: 1. Minimum of 4 members who play the game at least once a month.
2. Minimum of 1 week in existence.

VWC votes NO to the above.

Which ONE of the TWO has WP voted on?

There is only one issue open in the plaza. That is the one being voted on. I believe it was decided that Fang's previous proposal was too difficult a task for each player to accomplish. Here is the link to the post: http://vortexwars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4825&start=720#p127633

fluppa wrote:We (IF) can support Givinudahimelik's suggestion also if this means that a new clan will not be accepted by the VW Council until the new clan and all his (m/m four)
Members had sent proofs of their acitivties within a certain time period i.e. m/m 1 week, but max. 4 or more weeks, depends on when the screenshots been sent.

Of course, 4 active members means they have to have had posted on the forums or played in the past month since joining their clan.
Last edited by GivinUDaHimelik on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby highlander » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:18 pm

That suggestion is fine for any new clan , the issue here is booting me off.
Scotland The Brave

highlander

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:25 pm

highlander wrote:That suggestion is fine for any new clan , the issue here is booting me off.

You're not getting booted off; myself, Fluppa, Autumnwolf, and Beatles have all said we're satisfied with your clan's activity.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion